June 18, Canada v Italy, POST-Match [R]

beachesl

i think the puma one piece is amazing...but i will say this..as a teenage kid watching canada in mexico 1986 and wearing the replica jersey i had...that was the coolest design and material!! i would die to get that jersey again, and have written adidas asking if they ever plan to reissue it as part of the adidas originals series...it think it would be cool if we brought back a design that had those diagonal patterns which the 1986 kit did...And yes you are correct elricko...get an expert to call the game!!!!!! its a no brainer..in the US soccer is seen as valid when the experts of the sport are involved...i mean we have a million brits running the canadian soccer association...why wouldn't we have one calling our matches?

and yes i am part brit as of four generations ago!!

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by elricko

At least when an English commentater is used ,then the game is called correctly, people of most ethnic backgrounds can understand what is happening on the pitch

I'm sure many fans of ethnic backgrounds have enjoyed the unique racial musings and perspectives of Big Ron Atkinson!;)

Unfortunately, he brought new meaning to "colour" commentary :(

its true sometimes the british commentators seem totally condescending and racist. no doubt! its just tough to listen to condescending play by play from someone who was undoubtedly never raised around the game. you don't have to be a great player to be a great journalist or critic...but at least have a recollection of watching maradona in 1986...

You want Canadian--well on the front page of "The Province" here in BC last week--FRONT PAGE no less--it was concerning a Canadian businessman attempting to have an ice-arena of fully dressed hockey goons fighting to see who would win--that's Canadian!!!!

how stupid is that hockey brawl concept...i am not going to try and glorify euro culture...it has its own racism etc....all i am saying is broadcast the most in tune, professional, and polished product for these games...get rid of dobson!

Archived