Jerry Dobson on Sportsnet - Good or Bad?

groovee99

I am guessing that you are probably referring to Max Bretos. I can't stand him.

There is a 214-entry thread on BigSoccer entitled "max bretos: enough is enough" at http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125928

Personally, I like Gerry Dobson. He doesn't get everything 100% right, but he seems to try hard and he's not annoying. I think Craig is very good, but a little too partial towards the home team at times.

quote:Originally posted by sstackho

I am guessing that you are probably referring to Max Bretos. I can't stand him.

There is a 214-entry thread on BigSoccer entitled "max bretos: enough is enough" at http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125928

Personally, I like Gerry Dobson. He doesn't get everything 100% right, but he seems to try hard and he's not annoying. I think Craig is very good, but a little too partial towards the home team at times.

Thank you, yes, Max Bretos. I'd totally expunged his name from my brain cells ... and for good reason. I'll check out that thread.

Gerry may have his shortcomings but he is no Max Bretos!

db

quote:Originally posted by dbailey62

Thank you, yes, Max Bretos. I'd totally expunged his name from my brain cells ... and for good reason. I'll check out that thread.

Gerry may have his shortcomings but he is no Max Bretos!

db

Gerry Dobson is the best thing that ever happened in Canadian sports media as far as soccer is concerned.

My relationship with Gerry goes back to 1984 when I asked him to play in a celebrity game at Varsity.He was more than full of enthousiasm and played a very good game. He confessed at that time that he was a soccer fan and followed soccer on T.V most of the time.He said he played a lot of soccer at his High school. He also was a very big promotor of the Robbie Tournament and he is someone you can count on.As a sports editor at CFTO he always gave the Robbie great coverage as well as most of the CFTO guys. He knows soccer. In fact at one time he participated in a fun raising affair in which the celebrities were asked to take penalty shopts at a well known keeper.Well he did with both feet and scored.

His enthousiasm and knowledge of the game is second to none of anyone in the media and as a case in point he is going to be the master of ceremonies at the upcoming Robbie media conference this June 30th.

Gerry is also the master of ceremonies at the Soccer Hall Of Fame induction cemonies as well as Craig Forrest.He loves the game and it shows over and over again.

So stop this crap we are oh so lucky to have him, he is great!!!

quote:Originally posted by john tv

Gerry Dobson is the best thing that ever happened in Canadian sports media as far as soccer is concerned.

My relationship with Gerry goes back to 1984 when I asked him to play in a celebrity game at Varsity.He was more than full of enthousiasm and played a very good game. He confessed at that time that he was a soccer fan and followed soccer on T.V most of the time.He said he played a lot of soccer at his High school. He also was a very big promotor of the Robbie Tournament and he is someone you can count on.As a sports editor at CFTO he always gave the Robbie great coverage as well as most of the CFTO guys. He knows soccer. In fact at one time he participated in a fun raising affair in which the celebrities were asked to take penalty shopts at a well known keeper.Well he did with both feet and scored.

His enthousiasm and knowledge of the game is second to none of anyone in the media and as a case in point he is going to be the master of ceremonies at the upcoming Robbie media conference this June 30th.

Gerry is also the master of ceremonies at the Soccer Hall Of Fame induction cemonies as well as Craig Forrest.He loves the game and it shows over and over again.

Hmmm..."best thing to have happened in Canadian Sports media as far as soccer is concerned".

I remember Gerry openly saying how much he disliked soccer, before he realized that if he didn't do soccer, he wouldn't have a job.

The guys that do Whitecaps Radio have it right. Some North American energy, with a European influence.

quote:Originally posted by john tv

Hmmm..."best thing to have happened in Canadian Sports media as far as soccer is concerned".

I remember Gerry openly saying how much he disliked soccer, before he realized that if he didn't do soccer, he wouldn't have a job.

The guys that do Whitecaps Radio have it right. Some North American energy, with a European influence.

Archived