June 15 WYC - Canada v Colombia - PRE & IN-match R

DJT

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by kelownaguy

damn..damn..damn.. great save by Wagenaar off the free kick,,,but a complete lapse by our defence after playing so well all game lets the Columbian stroll in right up to the goaline and tap in the rebound... A loss here now makes this bunker down in our end game a whole waste,, I would of rather seen us mount some attacks and lose 4-0 to be quite honest then lose 1-0 this way.. Peters in with 8 minutes left... far too late in my opinion..

yes, The score is irrelevant. If you play to lose you will lose. it was only midway through the second half when I finally saw three passed strung together. Other then that our keeper just booting it down the field in a lost cause. Our throw ins never went to an un-marked player. We never moved the ball laterally, and One of the few players who actualy made successfull passes got subbed off. If we are a good side, then we wouldn't play that way.

and Dale is going to say that he is proud about the way the players played.

the way we play the Game is an absolute shame.

no creativity.

Our keeper that was being blame for one mistake in the first game yet god knows that there was mistakes all over the place in that game was our best player today.

is this the kind of game we will see against the Italians.

we needed to play some football today to carry into the next game

there is nothing constructive to bring out of this encounter.

looks like nothing has change in Canadian soccer.

one pathetic display after another.

It was a brutal call on the first goal, but when your startegy is defend at all costs for 80 minutes and kick the ball up the field, you can't complain about a loss that much.

edit: Although, I really don't care how pretty and fancy we play so long as we are efficacious. People whine and complain about how Italy and Italian teams play, however, they also have a great track record. Which is not to suggest being an effective defender is analogous to banging the ball up the field every minute or two.

the scoreline results a fairly close game at 2-0,, but from an entertainment perspective,, this is one of the worst games I've seen Canada play at any level in many years... we mounted absolutely 0 attacks and did not string 2 passes together all game,, panicked whenever we had the ball. I give the boys credit for a great effort,, and solid play by Wagenaar and our defence for the most part... but it was honestly like watching men vs boys out there today... Hopefully we pull out some form of miracle over Italy..

Archived