June 15 WYC - Canada v Colombia - PRE & IN-match R

DJT

Peters does have good control, but he's not a great target. If Mitchell sticks to this formation, he may have to keep Lombardo in for awhile. If Colombia scores, i think we'll see De Jong and Pters coming in on the wings and Johnson moving up.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I havn't seen much of a counter attack from Canada.If that is the strategy that will enable us to get a positive result we do not have the proper lineup out there.We need a Peters on the pitch so we can run at defenders and get fouled.We need De Jong to take the free kicks after Peters gets fouled.That is the only way I see us getting anything from this game.Lombardo and Johnson havn't been coming back to recieve the ball.We may as well been playing with 10 men.Peters will make a difference if he gets on.

Stuck at the office but, reading your posts, I'm very glad to hear that Canada played good defence in the first half. Defence was our weak point against Syria, so I'm delighted to hear we've improved in that area. We've just got to stay in the match against these guys - a point here would be huge.

Good luck lads!

Wow this is ugly,, I don't remember ever seeing a Canadian team (senior or junior) outclassed like this in a half before but fortunately thanks to our back 3 and solid keeping by Wagenaar we are still at 0-0... Our possession is absolutely horrid and we have yet to string even two passes together...let alone one??? This is old-time Canadian soccer at its best,, kick the ball as far as possible down the field then everyone stay back.. Many of us here are kind of hoping we were past those days but apparently not yet... Can't believe Mitchell is sitting out Peters to this point who is arguably our best possession guy

By the sounds of it in the pre-game.. Peters and DeJong are not injured,, Mitchell would rather bunker down and play a complete defensive style rather then attack at all.. I hope I'm wrong but you get the feeling we are just hanging on right now and it's a matter of time until Columbia starts finding the net...

Loudmouth,, thats funny,,, I was thinking the same thing,, it honestly looks like Columbia has 15 guys on the field while we have 8... It's just frustarating to watch even though the score would be a great result for Canada... It would be nice if we could even show some flashes of possession or quality passing as we did in the game against Syria,,, but nothing so far...

this kind of soccer display does not have it place in a tournament

the option that Canada has choosen is nothing close to promote the game

Cant even put two passes together.

really it is setting Canada back more than ten yrs

there is no way Soccer in Canada is going to attract followers with that kind of tactics

if this is the way we are going to advertise the game then no wonder we are playing infront of empty stadiums and lack of coverage about Candian soccer in the media.

if Cana wins today it will be an injustice to the beautiful game.

quote:Originally posted by sj

this kind of soccer display does not have it place in a tournament

the option that Canada has choosen is nothing close to promote the game

Cant even put two passes together.

really it is setting Canada back more than ten yrs

there is no way Soccer in Canada is going to attract followers with that kind of tactics

if this is the way we are going to advertise the game then no wonder we are playing infront of empty stadiums and lack of coverage about Candian soccer in the media.

if Cana wins today it will be an injustice to the beautiful game.

sj-let the real Beast out. I know he's in there somewhere.

damn..damn..damn.. great save by Wagenaar off the free kick,,,but a complete lapse by our defence after playing so well all game lets the Columbian stroll in right up to the goaline and tap in the rebound... A loss here now makes this bunker down in our end game a whole waste,, I would of rather seen us mount some attacks and lose 4-0 to be quite honest then lose 1-0 this way.. Peters in with 8 minutes left... far too late in my opinion..

Archived