June 10 - Rochester vs. Toronto [R]

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by SeanKeay

Do you even know who Wyn Bellote is??

Big fan, this guy could be 10 times the player Ali is, and remmeber Ali was 250 lbs when we brought him and and we made him the player is today....

Wyn was never said to be bad mannered or rude or even a hothead on the field. His only problem seemed to be that he was an early talent and he got impatient: his move leaving Nantes (or was it Rennes?) was pure immaturity, as he should have stayed to work hard and develop; instead he goes to play pro in Sweden, does not work out, Poland does not work either. In the meantime he goes from helping us qualify for the last WYC to being taken off the team, partially because he was overweight, and he did not train seriously enough.

So now he is back at square one, time to rediscover his talent and work his butt off, and maybe he has finally realized all that. So him coming over to you is a very good sign, as it shows he is a bit more mature now.

Just as I promised a trip report.......

14 Ultras embarked on an epic journey on a hot and humid Friday. We met up @ Rabba in Mississauga @ the intersections of QEW/Hurontario. 2:30 p.m. struck and a green voyageur, a silver element and a red station wagon drove out to concur the unknown. We had an uneventful drive through Burlington, or Borington as some like to call it. We stopped in Stoney Creek to meet up with 2 more people. Tony filled up for $40 :). At 2; 45 we decided to take the opportunity which presented itself and get some Tim Horton’s. To my disappointment the Ice Cap machine was broken. "Hi can I get 2 large Ice Caps" "Sorry the machine is broken" said the lady behind the counter. Adter asking her what was wrong with it; I found out that it overheated. Yes I still have no clue how it happened and neither did she, because she had no answer after I asked her how it overheated. 2:46 p.m.-Daniel a new U-Sectorian had his life threatened for the 1st time during the night ( yes there will be more threats) every time someone walked inside the Timmies he would honk the air horn. A middle aged father got upset and said you honk that one more time and its going to get ugly. So knowing Daniel as I do when the man was walking out Daniel decided to one again honk the horn. 2:47 p.m. and to my amazement the Ice Cap machine has "cooled" off and I can finally enjoy my Large Ice cap with chocolate milk. 2:49 pm Tony sits down and has his lunch :) he got off work and drove straight to meet up with us so we had to let him have a Bagel. 2:58 p.m we decide to get going and file out in an orderly fashion to towards the parking lot, of course the horn is loud as always:). 2:58:30 p.m. cigarettes are lit and cancer is pumped inside some of the ultras. Of course the horn is still being honked. A lady ( assumed to be lesbian/biker) walks out of the Timmies and hears the horn before making the turn around the building, she turns to us and looks @ Daniel (him being scared for his life:) ) and says " DO YOU VALUE YOUR LIFE" we look @ her and are like WTF??? Is she serious?? After a brief exchange of words she leaves. Of course Daniel having to win this epic battle gives her a honking. 3:02 p.m. were off and on the QEW driving towards the boarder.

3:15-3:18 p.m. I talk to Chuck Swirsky from the FAN 590 about the Lynx and our road trip, he seems to be amazed and keeps asking me about the traffic on the QEW. I think I should send sky master 1 a bill for my troubles. 3:40-3:55 p.m. our favourite stop so far the DUTY FREE, after picking up beers we headed out. 4:00 p.m. Smooth boarder crossing although some suspect that Daniel had a cavity search done after honking his horn @ the board to hurry up the customs officer. 4:08 a brief stop @ an exit to meet up with all the cars ( like I said Daniel held us up ) 4:15 the other car arrives from the boarder. Daniel gets out of the car and goes inside the Wendy's to take a piss although I think he had to see what was done to him by the boarder officers. 4:21 p.m. First and sadly only PYRO of the night, some flares are blocking a small exit in the state of New York. 4:27 p.m. Anna, Mike, Edyta and Arek enjoying Molson Cold Shots in their convertible on the freeway saying cheers to us and we pass em. They just couldn’t wait. 4:58 p.m. avoid Turtle ( yes a turtle) on the freeway, although I think Mikes car probably took it out. 5:01 Turtle probably dead. Arrived in Crotchester @ about 5:30 p.m. we paid $5 for parking ( right across the stadium) took out our flags, and beers and started to enjoy the goodies. I went over to the other parking lot to meet with the Whino supporter, the only reason I did this because I know Luke and Adam. I met them when I went to see Poland-USA last summer in Chicago, and spend time @ their house last summer as well. Their mom makes a mean dinner:). After about 15 minutes of talking with them and having a nasty American beer I think I overstayed my welcome and headed back along with Luke who wanted to see Daniel and Mike two other U-Sectorians who also spend time @ his house during the Poland-USA trip. After more relaxing and drinking and being told to put our beer away by a very cool cop on a horse we headed inside the stadium.

The game report is not my specialty, I'll keep it short. We lost 1-0. We made decent noise for 14 people, for a few of them thins being their first Lynx game. We had our flags all hung up, and the rest we were waving, our flag and banner numbers were superior to the Rhino supporters. We had about 80 streamers and two drums and of course the famous air horn. At half time I talked to Luke again and he was impressed by the Lynx play, before the game he promised a 5-0 score line. We also talked to Wyn Belotte who apologized for not scoring and being a bit off. The 2nd half started and well about the 70th min the Whinos scored and some clown ran by with the American flag which prompted us to throw streamers @ him. Another guy threw up toilet paper in the air which Zac caught and whipped @ his head. A security guard came up and said not to throw thing we told them she should worry about her own fans and not bother with us. She left. Also some clown tried to grab one of the flags on a pole which was held by me so I just swung it in the vicinity of his face and he left. I would have been much more aggressive but since I know Luke and Adam who are one of the main guys from the Whinos I decided not to. I just hope these guys know what they are doing and be a bit more careful when Montreal comes to town. I'm sure the Anti-Montreal banner that was hung up during our game will piss the UM off. It was a hand man banner with USK '03 being hung. Another fact that proves that Americans are illiterate. The Whinos hung up their Whinos Whinos we love you banner upside down, and only when we chanted "your Illiterate, your illiterate" they realized their mistake. After the game had another brief talk with Wyn who shook our hands. ( Daniel says he has a firm handshake) The Whinos players stayed on the pitch to cool off we got close to the advertisements and boooooo them. They started laughing and Aguilera started laughing @ us and pointing is our direction so streamers were thrown @ them and fingers were shown ( and they were not thumbs up ) security one again came up and grabbed me and Zac by the neck and told them to get their hands of me which they did, she said this is a family environment and these words should not be used. I said that the players should set a better example. Once again I win in a non violent manner, non Ultra like but hey it worked. Talked to Lukas and Adam after the game, and they said eh no 5-0 but still a clean sheet. They were actually impressed with the Lynx. We filled out of the stadium, with everyone looking @ us.

We chilled in the parking lot and drank some more, and were greeted by one of the snack boys, whom we promised a Canadian beer, he somehow found us and we delivered, and he chugged it down. Out of nowhere a big American guy came up to us and we decided to help him out, and gave him more beers. We also gave him the name "Yankee" he then invited us to his house stating " You guys can come over I have a porch. You guys can chill for an hour or even crash." At 9:58 the quote of the night was delivered by none other than the "Yankee" Edyta asked "Did you vote for Bush in the last federal election" he replied " I'm not registered to vote" 10:05 p.m. met Goddard’s fiancée and at 10:15p.m. Both of them pulled up in their car and I exchanged a few words with our keeper who had a good game besides the half mistake, which he apologized for. I forgave him because if not for him it could have been worst. 10:20 p.m. back on the road. Zac, Louie, Edyta and Daniel decide to take the "Yankee" home a move which pays off later on. 10:30 p.m. I called the Whinos post game show giving props to the U-Sector and saying hi to my Crotchester buddies Luke and Adam. The radio guys said it’s good to see the Lynx having loyal fans despite their record and it’s good to see always fans traveling to frontier field. 11:05 p.m piss break, man I had to go soooo bad. Bought a drink Tony bought some smokes. 11:15 p.m. back on the road. 11:25 p.m. Tony get ripped off for .25 cent at the toll booth. 11:57 p.m. another .75 cents for driving on crappy American roads. 11:55 p.m. Cross the boarder ( finally on Canadian soil). This was my longest boarder crossing ever. The guy asked where we were coming from and when we said soccer, he asked what game, who won, what league is this, I started explaining to him it’s a level below MLS. He asked what the MLS so I went on and on it took a good 5-7 minutes of soccer talk, he seemed interested he said his kids play soccer and he enjoys it. After a while he sent us on our way, he didn’t not even ask to see our citizenships. 12:20 a.m. My 17 year old brother Kris who can pass for 25 on a good day passes out in the Car, he had had a beer which I took away from him, that’s what the older brother does. He woke up at 5 am and it was a long day for him. 12:45 arrive at Rabba at Hurontario/Qew. 15 minute later Sean and Ryan show up, but still no word from Zac who drove the "Yankee" home. We called him and he said that he is passed St. Catherine’s and just before Stoney Creek. So we figured it’s about 30-35 minutes away. So Ryan and Sean still having another 45minute-1hr drive to Whitby left as did Tony who lives downtown. Myself my bro mike w arek and edyta waited for the rest. After an hour we called them and they said there going to be there in 5 minutes. They showed up and the first thing out of Daniels mouth was "man that porch was cool" I knew there is a story to follow. Out of nowhere Louie pulls out some ciggaweed :) which they got, yeah you guess it :) the "Yankee" they rolled it and the rest is history :) With words being exchange and what not, I got home @ 2:30 am and woke up @ 2;30 p.m. All in all it was a good trip. The first time U-Sectorians enjoyed themselves and said they will be back to witness another LYNX loss.

The "bad" attitude of Wyn was that he was lazy on trainings and always searching excuses as something doesn't happens well

Now, he nows Toronto is his last chance and nothing says he can't change

Actually, every body hopes he will change, for the good of him and, now, of Toronto

Ahhh feck it

http://community.webshots.com/album/366402049NBUYzK?439

that will get u there

Sean,

Now you know why I was asking around (last night) for recommendations on better web hosting sites than webshots for pictures. :D

By the way, you can view that picture that you posted. DJT and I discussed this about a month ago on another thread. I figured out that if you put your mouse inside that red "x" in the box and then right click with your mouse, you will see and option like " Show picture". click there and the picture appears.

quote:Originally posted by Free kick

Now you know why I was asking around (last night) for recommendations on better web hosting sites than webshots for pictures. :D

Did you try photobucket.com?

quote:By the way, you can view that picture that you posted. DJT and I discussed this about a month ago on another thread. I figured out that if you put your mouse inside that red "x" in the box and then right click with your mouse, you will see and option like " Show picture". click there and the picture appears.
I recall that, but it never worked for me then and it still doesn't work for me here, either. Anyone else? I'm thinking it might work for you because it's your own webshots account.

quote:Originally posted by DJT

Did you try photobucket.com?

I recall that, but it never worked for me then and it still doesn't work for me here, either. Anyone else? I'm thinking it might work for you because it's your own webshots account.

Copy the image location (URL), open a new browser window, and paste it.

You'll be able to view the image.

The reason it doesn't work is because when you click on the link the "HTTP_REFERER" variable is not set to the "webshots" domain.

It's done to prevent hotlinking.

Guest Jeffery S.

Jeffery... There has been alot of people on this site, and also people in the "know", who have made claims of a bad attitude from wyn.

But i really hope this guy makes it, such a classy guy.

Sean, I don't doubt it. But somehow it seemed that him coming over to you was out of character or something,l and that did not seem right. I heard from teammates on the u-20s that he was damn talented, was respected by his fellow team members, was even considered a leader. But that he was not in the correct physical condition to play, suggesting a poor training attitude.

But I think that if he'd stayed and developed a bit longer in France, instead of seeking to go pro too early, he would have come along in line with his talent and would not have lost his training habits. So, 3 years later here we are...

Archived