4th Place Concacaf to play Bahrain?

Paddy

Oh, what could have been.

Japan, Iran, S. Korea, Saudi Arabia all qualified for the WC today. Unless I am wrong, Bahrain gets the 5th place play-off spot, a team I think Canada would gladly have played in a play-off to get to the WC.

quote:Originally posted by Paddy

Oh, what could have been.

Japan, Iran, S. Korea, Saudi Arabia all qualified for the WC today. Unless I am wrong, Bahrain gets the 5th place play-off spot, a team I think Canada would gladly have played in a play-off to get to the WC.

No, Bahrain, as probable 3rd in it's group, has to play a home-and -away in October with the 3rd of the other Group, probably Kuwait. The winner of that series plays another series in November with the 4th Concacaf from the hex for a spot in germany.

quote:Originally posted by beachesl

No, Bahrain, as probable 3rd in it's group, has to play a home-and -away in October with the 3rd of the other Group, probably Kuwait. The winner of that series plays another series in November with the 4th Concacaf from the hex for a spot in germany.
Yes, you are correct. Kuwait vs Bahrain for play-off spot.

quote:Originally posted by Paddy

Kuwait vs Bahrain for play-off spot.

No, actually, as Sigma implied, Kuwait are not there yet. Uzbekistan can still finish ahead of them. See the "WCQ - Asia" thread, especially the first post where I have outlined the format and have been providing updated standings.

quote:Originally posted by DJT

No, actually, as Sigma implied, Kuwait are not there yet. Uzbekistan can still finish ahead of them. See the "WCQ - Asia" thread, especially the first post where I have outlined the format and have been providing updated standings.

I'll still think it will be Kuwait even though they have one game left. Just a feeling as Kuwait has some history.

quote:Originally posted by Crazy_Yank

The 4th placed concacaf side should be able to win this playoff. Imagine Bahrain having to go to Guatemala for a game. They've never experienced anything like it.

Well, it works the other way around as well. The Asian countries are probably thinking the same way about potential CONCACAF opposition.

Archived