Problems at Barça

River City

quote:Originally posted by River City

http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=64980&idSez=17

I'm not a fan of Rijkaard, so if Ronaldinho leaves, the team is toast.

Ronnie seems happy at Barca though so I doubt he'll leave.

IF he does, the team is still far from being toast. They'll just bring back Riquelme from loan, and they've already signed Van Bommel and Ezquerro. Plus with the money from the sale of Ronaldinho they'll probably buy an Henry or Rio Ferdinand. Either of these scenerios would actually make them better, IMO.

Well, we better agree to disagree once more.

Ronaldinho and Davids were THE key figures in reviving the team. Davids with his fighting spirit and Ronaldinho with his contagious enthusiasm for the game.

They can bring in whoever they want, but at this stage (and specifically with a short substitute's bench) to lose Ronaldinho's influence in the dressing room would be disastrous. Especially as I don't think they'll have as easy of a ride in La Liga next year. From reading the article in yahoo sports, it seems the resignations stem from Cruyff's influence on Laporta as well as Laporta's secrecy regarding the possible shirt sponsorship.

quote:Originally posted by River City

Well, we better agree to disagree once more.

Ronaldinho and Davids were THE key figures in reviving the team. Davids with his fighting spirit and Ronaldinho with his contagious enthusiasm for the game.

Well, Barca was awful with Ronaldinho until Davids arrived. And this past season I think Eto'o and Puyol were more important than Ronaldinho. [8)]

Archived