Mohammed Sylla

Octavio Maginnis

Phillipe Davis

Robert Lee

Shomesh Chaudhuri

William Hyde

C- Stephan Hart

anyone seen any of these players play?

I've seen a few of the players from Quebec play. Cedric Carrie (Rive Sud U-15)is a good technical player but his size is a major factor at around 4'10" he gets bumped off the ball quite often. Kevin Chan-Yu-Tin (Lac St-louis U-15)is also good technically but can be predictable at times. Mohammed Sylla (lac St-louis U-16)underage, is a well rounded player with great speed,ball control and size. All three have the right attitude and are nice polite kids, which is crucial for developpment. What is this list for?

quote:Originally posted by ronaldinho710

Member(s): C TM A S

National mens development team (1990) Canada

Mohammed Sylla

Well, if this is the Mohammed Sylla that recently switched from Cletic to Leicester, then there are some questions to be answered. Can anyone confirm that this is him?

Of course that's not him. MoMo Sylla is a grown man and a Guinean international.

Oh, you we're joking...weren't you?

Anyways, it was too early for South Park but does coincide with the popularity of Twin Peaks and Kyle MacLachlan. Wonder how many housewives were getting conception thrills from that fantasy?

Much more disturbing then to think of a connection between Jason being a popular name in the 70s and the Friday the 13th movies!

Manav Deol

I am very good friends with Manav, and his older brothers. I've seen him play a few times, and he comes out and plays with us when we just kick the ball around, playing with guys that are 5-7 years older than himself. He plays midfield, usually in the middle. He has bags of skill, and he has the desire to succeed. He wants to be a professional player, and works really hard.

If anyone has seen the freestyle battles on www.nikefootball.com, Manav actually has a short video clip of him doing some tricks. Here is the link:

http://www.nikefootball.com/whorules/show_clip.jsp?language=1&move_id=45&leagueNum=1

He's made it up to league one!

quote:Originally posted by Carl_Valentine

I am very good friends with Manav, and his older brothers. I've seen him play a few times, and he comes out and plays with us when we just kick the ball around, playing with guys that are 5-7 years older than himself. He plays midfield, usually in the middle. He has bags of skill, and he has the desire to succeed. He wants to be a professional player, and works really hard.

If anyone has seen the freestyle battles on www.nikefootball.com, Manav actually has a short video clip of him doing some tricks. Here is the link:

http://www.nikefootball.com/whorules/show_clip.jsp?language=1&move_id=45&leagueNum=1

Great clip. Thanks.

Posted - 05/31/2005 : 18:27:22

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adam Street

Andrew Barsalona

Antonio Rago

Ben Getachew

Cedric Carrie

Chris Martinez

Christopher Sherriffe

Colin Parenteau-Michon

Dalvir Malhi

Daniel Kijowski

Daniel Tannous

David-Antonio Piedimonte

John Pegg

Karem Shergill

Kevin Chan-Yu-Tin

Kyle Bekker

Kyle Buxton

Kyle Porter

Lucas Paron

Manav Deol

Marc-Andre Laplante

Mohammed Sylla

Octavio Maginnis

Phillipe Davis

Robert Lee

Shomesh Chaudhuri

William Hyde

C- Stephan Hart

I was just wondering where you got this list from...

I coached 5 of the boys for a provincial team...best of the lot that I have been involved with might very well be John Pegg (he is a 1991). Decent pace, likes to tackle, but shows best when around the goal. And a tonne of cheek - makes defenders look silly 1 v 1.

Macginnis is moving to goalkeeping, I believe, although he is quite effective as a central defender. Rago is much better, I think, than his brother who has had a wee bit of age-group national team exposure. Manav is very creative and flashy, agile as anything, but might need to gain some stick to continue playing in the middle...he might work out better as a flanker, as he is very good 1 v 1.

My favorite, however, might be Chris Martinez. A solid performer with an outstanding work ethic...rarely makes mistakes.

Where is the young greek canadian player from Ontario who starred on the Ontario U14 team at the nationals last year? He was the best striker at last years nationals. His first name is Peter and his last name is clearly Greek.

quote:Originally posted by canso

Of course that's not him. MoMo Sylla is a grown man and a Guinean international.

Oh, you we're joking...weren't you?

Anyways, it was too early for South Park but does coincide with the popularity of Twin Peaks and Kyle MacLachlan. Wonder how many housewives were getting conception thrills from that fantasy?

Much more disturbing then to think of a connection between Jason being a popular name in the 70s and the Friday the 13th movies!

Obviously, I now see my mistake. I initially thought that this was the development team from 1990, but it appears it is the team whose birthdays are 1990.

I acknowledge my mistake.

quote:Originally posted by fishman

I coached 5 of the boys for a provincial team...best of the lot that I have been involved with might very well be John Pegg (he is a 1991). Decent pace, likes to tackle, but shows best when around the goal. And a tonne of cheek - makes defenders look silly 1 v 1.

Macginnis is moving to goalkeeping, I believe, although he is quite effective as a central defender. Rago is much better, I think, than his brother who has had a wee bit of age-group national team exposure. Manav is very creative and flashy, agile as anything, but might need to gain some stick to continue playing in the middle...he might work out better as a flanker, as he is very good 1 v 1.

My favorite, however, might be Chris Martinez. A solid performer with an outstanding work ethic...rarely makes mistakes.

Pegg is good but has poor attitude he might be the best 91 as far as being in the lot with the best 90 hes good but not that good.

• 11 months later...

have seen a few of these players at various ntc scouting weekends and club games john pegg is a pacy well rounded 91 striker but i believe he has been suffering from a bad leg injury aswell as macus johnson( who should be on this list) manave deol is a small midfielder but has good distribution of the ball and playmaking vision. octavio maginnis is a strong powerful centerback with good aerial ability. the only othe player i have seen is rago but i believe he is at a soccer camp in italy for the year. Im surprised randy edwini is missing unless this is an older unconfirmed list for he is definatley worthy to be on a national team.

I believe Randy Edwini was on the team that went to the Ballymena tournament last month. If not, he is certainly in the picture of one of our NTs. A player named Alex Semenets scored most of the goals at Ballymena. He is not even on the original list.

Big debate on who makes these teams at the early ages on BigSoccer.

• 2 years later...

Adam Street

Andrew Barsalona

Antonio Rago

Ben Getachew

Cedric Carrie

Chris Martinez

Christopher Sherriffe

Colin Parenteau-Michon

Dalvir Malhi

Daniel Kijowski

Daniel Tannous

David-Antonio Piedimonte

John Pegg

Karem Shergill

Kevin Chan-Yu-Tin

Kyle Bekker

Kyle Buxton

Kyle Porter

Lucas Paron

Manav Deol

Marc-Andre Laplante

Mohammed Sylla

Octavio Maginnis

Phillipe Davis

Robert Lee

Shomesh Chaudhuri

William Hyde

C- Stephan Hart

I beleive Cedric Carrie is playing for University of Mobile in Alabama.

http://www.gcaconf.com/article/2992.php

http://www.umobile.edu/athletic/msoccroster.asp

Adam Street

Andrew Barsalona

Antonio Rago

Ben Getachew

Cedric Carrie

Chris Martinez

Christopher Sherriffe

Colin Parenteau-Michon

Dalvir Malhi

Daniel Kijowski

Daniel Tannous

David-Antonio Piedimonte

John Pegg

Karem Shergill

Kevin Chan-Yu-Tin

Kyle Bekker

Kyle Buxton

Kyle Porter

Lucas Paron

Manav Deol

Marc-Andre Laplante

Mohammed Sylla

Octavio Maginnis

Phillipe Davis

Robert Lee

Shomesh Chaudhuri

William Hyde

C- Stephan Hart

• 12 years later...

15 year bum!

On 6/1/2005 at 12:40 PM, ESG Shawn said:

Manav Deol  - https://edifyedmonton.com/people/top-40/2020/manav-deol/ 

now lawyer for the whitecaps !!