Most lopsided score ever witnessed

Alberto7

quote:Originally posted by Alberto7

Hi all,

Thought I'd start a new thread regarding the most lopsided game you have ever attended. In my case it was a 6-1 Impact win over Rochester in July 1997. It was funny because my son(who was six at the time)didn't want to go to the game because he didn't like the fact that there were never many goals scored in soccer...

Sunday Sept. 15, 1996. The Universtiy of Windsor 10 University of Waterloo 0. Played on the side that lost, couldn't believe it, puked after the game, can't say much more about it....still hurting, not from the game but from the punishment we received from Coach Dave Benning the following day.

quote:Originally posted by Sigma

My college team beat Upper Iowa 10-0, which meant I got some garbage time in goal. :D

1998 when Montreal beat the Toronto Lynx 6-0 during the Canada Day game at Keith Harris in Ottawa.

Keith Harris?

Where was Orville? ;)

quote:Originally posted by Sigma

My college team beat Upper Iowa 10-0, which meant I got some garbage time in goal. :D

Hey Sigma, I can't remember where you went to school, but I know someone headed to Iowa Wesleyan to play soccer. Is that the same conference?

Most lopsided game for me was Colorado Foxes 6 Miami Freedom 0. I also saw Toronto beat Connecticut 5-0 (IIRC). Tough to say if Connecticut was worse than Miami, but both were unspeakably terrible.

cheers,

matthew

quote:Originally posted by Elaine

For me, it was the Canadian Women beating Puerto Rico 21-0 (setting a FIFA record, I think it has been surpassed since) during the 1998 CONCACAF Qualifying for the 1999 Women's World Cup @ Centennial -- they followed that up with a 14-0 win over Martinique two days later.

I missed the Puerto Rico game, but I was there for the 14-0 win over Martinique. That tournament had almost no media attention. I was living in Toronto at the time and I heard nothing about it until I read about the 21-0 win. Like you, I didn't know we even had a women's team. And that was in spite of having been a devoted fan of the men's national team for about 15 years. I have been a huge fan of Hooper and Burtini ever since (Silvana was a breathtaking player to watch in those days). The profile of women's soccer has certainly improved since then.

Archived