UEFA CL Final: Milan - Liverpool (R)

Jarrek

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3-3!!!

Penalty called after a minimal contact by Gattuso on Gerrard. He ended up diving in the end.

PK initially saved but the rebound was baggged in.

Rather drastic turn of events. Makes the game exciting though!

Unbelievable. It's 3-0 at the half so I mute the TV and turn back to my contracting work. Less than 20 minutes later I turn around from my computer and it's 3-3, the supporters are singing Fields of Anfield Road, and I'VE MISSED THE ENTIRE F'ING COMEBACK.

We desperately need an emoticon for banging your head against the wall.

quote:Originally posted by Jarrek

3-3!!!

Penalty called after a minimal contact by Gattuso on Gerrard. He ended up diving in the end.

But definitely still a penalty. In a less important game its probably a red-card too on Gattuso.

3-3!!!

Poor call. There was no contact at all.

quote:Originally posted by amacpher

But definitely still a penalty. In a less important game its probably a red-card too on Gattuso.
Are you serious? That call was everything that is wrong with football. Making that call, and your support of it, is proof that diving is a smart tactic.

quote:But definitely still a penalty. In a less important game its probably a red-card too on Gattuso.

Well, not so sure about that, but Liverpool has completed an incredible comeback!

Sheva missed his PK, how ironic that only a few years ago his was the winning one against Juve.

Just to piss of Jarrek ;) A POLE WINS THE ONE ON ONE BATTLE WITH A UKI ;)

On a side not where are all Dudek critics now? I kept saying all alone that he is a # 1 keeper, few people belived me. Those 2 stops late in ET were huge and his sphagetti legs during the PK were amazing ;) What does Liverpool do now Re-sing their CL hero or sign that 22year old from Villareal.

Well, not so sure about that, but Liverpool has completed an incredible comeback!

Sheva missed his PK, how ironic that only a few years ago his was the winning one against Juve.

Yeah, which is why I'm mystified that he decided to pass the ball to Dudek on this occasion instead of shooting it past him. Also strange that Dida, who has been known to cheat on penalties (did it against Juve) stood there like an idiot on most of his while he watch Dudek cheat outrageously (I think he was practically at the edge of the 6 yard box when Pirlo took his shot). What was up with that? If you like to cheat and see the other guy doing, why don't you do it as well? Serves Milan right for playing him I suppose, but when I see stuff like this I always think we'd be better off with the old NASL style shoot-outs - that way we could get rid of the cheating & inconsistencies once and for all.

I don't understand Ancelotti picking Serginho to take that first penalty, while Rui Costa (presumably brought on late) didn't take one. Has any team won a shootout when the first player for his team blasts the ball outside the stadium altogether? Has any player scored on a shoot-out when they've taken half an hour to set up the ball while looking incredibly nervous while doing it? Not to my recollection.

What a game... never would I thought this CL final would create 6 goals!!! Kaka' was running rampant and Milan look on their way to the cup! My soft spot for Milan made me sad over the final, but hats off to Liverpool! This was a truly amazing ride!

Is Stevie G staying around now, And what do you think Owen is doing right now in Madrid?

simply an amazing game.

gimme a break on the pirlo penalty. given dudek was way out. pirlo was illegally halting his forward movement - figo does it EVERY bloody time and no one has the guts to either make him retake if scored or call a goal kick if missed.

owen is pleased as a pickle that liverpool won. all everton fans are ****ting themselves.

quote:Originally posted by bettermirror

simply an amazing game.

gimme a break on the pirlo penalty. given dudek was way out. pirlo was illegally halting his forward movement - figo does it EVERY bloody time and no one has the guts to either make him retake if scored or call a goal kick if missed.

Exactly, and the first Liverpool PK taker did it even more blatantly than Pirlo & they didn't make him re-take it either. Which is, as I said, I don't understand why Dida didn't cheat along with everyone else, since he normally would, and also why I'd like the NASL shoot-out style put into place since it efffectively eliminates cheating. Otherwise do everyone a favour and get rid of all of the rules for PK shootouts, since no ref ever enforces them. Ever.

quote:Originally posted by RJB

Are you serious? That call was everything that is wrong with football. Making that call, and your support of it, is proof that diving is a smart tactic.

Personally, I thought the ref made a bit of an "even-up" call considering his non-call of a blatant handball in the Milan penalty area led directly to a Milan goal thus producing a 2 nil scoreline as opposed to a potential 1 - 1 score at that point in the game.

db

Did everything I could be avoid the match reports as I was at work all day today (Too busy to play hookie) and was doing pretty good 'til I logged on MSN news. "Liverpool squeeks through".

Damn.

Almost as disappointed as when Portugal beat England during EURO. I managed to avoid the result until the drive home from work when lo and behold as the game had run so late with OT and what-not, I got to see the Portugeese supports cruising up and down Notre Dame Ave. in joyous celebration. Did wonders for taking the anticipation off the tap waiting at home for me...

Anyway, WOW! Going to get the VCR wirling after the news tonight and see what's what.

P.S. Can't go on forever. I'll take penalty kicks. What do you do? Trod away at it for four more hours? Forget that.

I agree with Cheeta. They get 33% more time to get a winner, after that there needs to be a way to find a winner. Can you imagine unlimited games in like Mexico City during the afternoon? The winner would be dead.

And I liked the Golden Goal, sad (but "traditionnal" for everywhere else) to see it go.

Archived