Terry Dunfield released by Bury (but might stay)

sstackho

Dunfield released

67 words

14 May 2005

Manchester Evening News

English

© 2005

FORMER Manchester City starlet Terry Dunfield has been released by Bury but could still have a future at Gigg Lane.

Dunfield will be returning for pre season training in a bid to prove his fitness.

The Canadian born midfielder didn't play in the final months of the season due to a broken knee cap.

Defender Colin Woodthorpe has also been allowed to leave.

I played against Terry Dunfield in youth football, and he was always such a special talent. He was one of those players that was from another world, and the best part was that he was an absolute class-act.

This is a shame that he's been released. Hopefully he can have a great season either back at Bury, or somewhere else in order to propel him to where he deserves to be, because I don't think that League 2 is where he deserves to be.

Undoubtedly releasing him since he is a high wage earner...much more that the League 2 standard...was part of how they enticed him to Bury.

I used to frequent the Bury fan site a lot, and remember one post criticizing the manager for turning Dunfield from a premiership player to a Div 4 player over the course of half a season.

The injuries no doubt greatly reduce his options with anyone other than Bury.

Archived