Edgar Newcastle played De Guzmans Feyenoord

http://www.u19tournament.com/index.php?page=live/uebersicht

Noticed this after reading something on the Feyenoord's website, it seems Edgar squared off against De Guzman last weekend in a German tournanment. More interestingly, it seems from my rudimentary German that two minutes after De Guzman had a chance, Edgar scored to bring a 1-0 victory for Newcastle over Feyenoord. If you go to the link, and click on the match you will notice from the commentary what I say....also, it lists Edgar as the scorer. The pity is that is seems the matches were live on a web cam but are now not downloadable (perhaps some one can email the tournament to see if they have a copy).

Newcastle did quite well and lost in the championship game. Feyenoord did poorly and finished 6th. It seems DeGuzman left the tournament early on the Monday in order to start in the championship game for the reserves against PSV which they also lost 3-2.

Lets hope Edgar put in a good word before or after the match to DeGuzman in the hopes of getting him to play for us.

Its good news that Edgar scored for a few reasons.. but for me, the most imperative reason is that is may show De Guzman that Canada does have major talent and it may slightly push him even that much closer to wear the red of Canada.

Archived