Torrent: Canada-Mexico 2000 Gold Cup Quarter Final

Here is the latest in the Canadian soccer torrent series. The historic Canada v Mexico from the 2000 Gold Cup. The match was played on February 20, 2000. There is about 20 minutes cut off from the start of the match due to a CHL game. Because of this the file is only 1h 25min.

The file is 700 MB, DivX. I encoded it using Dr.DivX. The audio is a little out of sync with the video. But that's okay, the commentary is by Gerry Dobson and Bob Lenarduzzi, so you'll probably want to mute it anyway.

You can download it here:

http://tracker.bittorrent.to:9898/torrents/2fed6c3228b9b25ae6e2dacabcd3b0a39d45fca2.torrent

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted before the torrent was created:

Here's the deal. I've encoded this twice, and both times the audio doesnt match near the end of the game. Both times, using Dr.DivX, I chose the Boost Audio option. I also chose the 1 file of 700MB option, as well as the Home Theatre option. I have 2 things I can do:

1. Release the file anyway, if no-one cares that the audio is slightly off. I can have this up by tonight if I do this.

2. Try to convert the file again. If there's anyone that can suggest something I can do to fix this problem, I'm willing to listen. If this is the case, I won't have the torrent up until Friday of next week.

Your input is greatly appreciated.

Guest Dave

I suggest you go ahead and release it. Sometimes the audio gets a bit out of sync despite best efforts. You could also just post the DVD files as a torrent as is, but that would likely be 2 gigs or so. Still, with the download speeds we've achieved with previous torrents, that might not be a big deal. It's probably simpler to just post the DivX as is tho.

quote:Originally posted by Blue and White Army

I suggest you use Auto Gordian Knot instead of Dr. DivX.

Might want to be careful using 9898 to host.. they were offline for a day or two recently. Could always use Pirate Bay instead....

I tried using AutoGK and it wouldn't work. I couldn't get it to recognize the DVD. Is it possible that AutoGK is better for other types of conversions and not DVD to avi?

As for 9898, they are back online for now and I'm already a member of their site.

Pirate Bay is slightly more complicated to join, seeing as its not in English.

EDIT: Well, I took a look at AutoGK's website and I think I now know how to use it. Nobody told me that I have to use it with DVD Decrypter. So, the torrent will be delayed for a few hours, depending how long it takes to encode. Hopefully this works out since my Dr.DivX free trial ends next week.

EDIT again: Here is the torrent:

http://tracker.bittorrent.to:9898/torrents/2fed6c3228b9b25ae6e2dacabcd3b0a39d45fca2.torrent

The info is in the first post of the thread. I went with the Dr.DivX version because the AutoGK version came out too small (pixel wise). I didn't know I had to set that myself, I figured it automatially chose it like Dr.DivX does. Oh well, its all a learning experience.

Guest Dave

is anyone online? I have zero download speed;

EDIT - OK now it's picking up. I had to trash the new update of azureus and go back to my archived tried and true version. Amazing how often "improvements" in IT/tech end up being rather the opposite.

Up to 60 K/s now.

Guest Dave
quote:Originally posted by Massive Attack

Is it working now Dave? Someone is uploading from me at 60 kbps.

yep, thanks. (check my edit to message above)

quote:Originally posted by DJT

When are we going to get to matches that I don't already have? :(

I just mailed the ff. matches to Massive Attack:

Canada-Colombia GC2000 Final

Canada-Germany 2003 Friendly

Canada-Brazil 1994 Friendly

Canada-Spain U20 Quarterfinal 2003

Canada-Libya 2003 Friendly

I'll digitize the other matches as I receive them, which

includes the 1986 WC games. (Thanks in advance to Matthew.)

Guest Dave

hey, you guys ALL rule. This is so great, getting all these games. I can't wait for the WC86 game vs France. My hazy memory is that Ian Bridge hit the post with the French keeper beaten, which would have put us up 1-0 late in the game.

quote:Originally posted by Dave

hey, you guys ALL rule. This is so great, getting all these games. I can't wait for the WC86 game vs France. My hazy memory is that Ian Bridge hit the post with the French keeper beaten, which would have put us up 1-0 late in the game.

I thought he hit the post too. But on replays his header actually hit

the sign behind the net. The camera angle sure fooled me though.[:0]

question all. How do you know if you are downloading the torrent? i clicked open after clicking the torrent and my edonkey popped up but shows no file. Is this normal? I´ll keep my fingers crossed i did it right :D.....by the way, thank you to Redhat and Massive Attack [:P]

quote:Originally posted by way2goeh

question all. How do you know if you are downloading the torrent? i clicked open after clicking the torrent and my edonkey popped up but shows no file. Is this normal? I´ll keep my fingers crossed i did it right :D.....by the way, thank you to Redhat and Massive Attack [:P]

It doesn't appear that anyone is downloading at the moment. This link here lets you know the number of seeders (people who are uploading the file) and leechers (people who are downloading the file).

http://tracker.bittorrent.to:9898/stats.html?info_hash=2fed6c3228b9b25ae6e2dacabcd3b0a39d45fca2

Maybe you should try connecting again. I'm not familiar with edonkey, so I can't really help you fix the problem.

ok, im having problems. It started to download and now it has been stuck at 15mb for 12 hours. There is a seeder and Im the leecher but nothing. so what should I do and what programme should I use since the edonkey (overnet)doesnt seem to download torrents. thanks 4 your help

quote:Originally posted by way2goeh

ok, im having problems. It started to download and now it has been stuck at 15mb for 12 hours. There is a seeder and Im the leecher but nothing. so what should I do and what programme should I use since the edonkey (overnet)doesnt seem to download torrents. thanks 4 your help

I suggest you try to use a different Bit Torrent program. Azureus is popular. You can download it here:

http://azureus.sourceforge.net/download.php

Use the 2.2.0.2 version because I've heard that the newer version doesn't work properly.

There are others as well.

quote:Originally posted by Blue and White Army

I was downloading on late Saturday and on Sunday. Stopped at 35%, and I gave up.

Too many people leech and run. I've had to keep my computer on non-stop since Friday night just to keep this thing going.

You might want to try starting it up again now. There's 2 seeders and 3 leechers, so your download might be faster now.

its aliveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! thank you massive for letting us download the torrent. Im about 69% completed after 6 hours, not too shabby :D. I went to this game and I call it the greatest game in canadian history even though they beat colombia in finals. I had tears coming down my eyes when they scored in OT. Not only was it unbelievable but you have to admit beating Mexico has always been a thorn in canadas azz [:P] thanks again......

maybe i spoke too soon. I downloaded it, but there is no video, only sound. The only thing that shows part of video is some dumbass with lots of pentaly minutes in a hockey game and its frozen ( the video).. Am I the only one with this problem? I want the video, if I wanted the sound only, I would certainly want the 5 minute spanish version of Andre Cantor ( i hope thats his name) yelling goal while taking a dump.....hehehe...let me know, thanks

Archived