Montreal & Toronto transfers

We'll see how Ali can cope with the fact that he should be the 3rd forward.

Sebrango and Wilson are the starters and Nick will probably bring Ali from the bench. It's a different situation here. It's no secrets that Bob Lilley did not like him and his attitude in the locker room when he was here left to be desired. He's not bigger than the team...

quote:Originally posted by Impact supporter

I'm suprised re: Francois and Matondo transfer. I only hope that Ali Gerba(N'Gon) will get more playing time here and not have what happened under Bob Lilley. If the Impact really wanted to develop LOCAL talent, why did they not trade Adrian Cann or Darko Kolic??

Just a thought.

They can't develop if they stay on the bench. Francois (the other one) and Taty we're not playing. They will in Toronto.

We had a surplus of defenders when we signed Cann, we could let Francois go. And for Taty, well, if you saw him in camp, you could see he wasn't ready to play in the USL...

As for Darko, I still don't know why he's still with the team. Maybe because he's involved with Impact soccer camps during the summer...

few random thaughts

1) On the trade; Im thinking that Belotte will be signing with the lynx in the very near future, I reckon the lynx dump some salary cause Gerba had to be their highest paid player, and pick up 2 brothers who might pick up the pace, for the price of one. As a throw in they get a pretty good defender....id compare him to serioux who was mentioned earlier in the thread.

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Impact

few random thaughts

1) On the trade; Im thinking that Belotte will be signing with the lynx in the very near future, I reckon the lynx dump some salary cause Gerba had to be their highest paid player, and pick up 2 brothers who might pick up the pace, for the price of one. As a throw in they get a pretty good defender....id compare him to serioux who was mentioned earlier in the thread.

The Lynx trade their best player for a couple of no names, well the

LYNX are consistent if nothing else, there's no wonder they can't

compete when they do silly things like this.:(

Beast, you're supposed to be gone, remember?

I think people are slamming the deal because no one outside Montreal knows François. François is a GREAT central defender who will make a strong dreaded-duo with Titus. The problem with François was that he was 3rd in the pecking order behind Gervais and Pizzolitto since 2002 (and they're two of the best in the league) and was injured last season. You guys'll be surprised.

As for Taty, I think that with some more regular playing time, he'll dazzle.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Beast, you're supposed to be gone, remember?

I think people are slamming the deal because no one outside Montreal knows François. François is a GREAT central defender who will make a strong dreaded-duo with Titus. The problem with François was that he was 3rd in the pecking order behind Gervais and Pizzolitto since 2002 (and they're two of the best in the league) and was injured last season. You guys'll be surprised.

As for Taty, I think that with some more regular playing time, he'll dazzle.

Adrian Cann was used as a sub for Pizzolitto before Francois during last weekend's game vs. the Lynx.

quote:Originally posted by Loud Mouth Soup

You know what Beast?

For someone who said they were giving up on the Lynx (like you supported them in the first place), and they were no longer worthy of your time and energy, you sure spend a lot of time and energy yakking about them in these threads.

Yes i did actually, i got one of their god awfull purple jerseys

and did go to a few of their games,so that does give me the right

to go after them full throttle. Bruno said he was glad the Toronto

stadium failed, this coming from someone who on their own web page

says they are out to promote Canadian soccer. So the Lynx are open

targets this season. Also the Lynx said they had 3300 and change

for their opener, you can't get that many into that park, more inflated attendance figures from the Lynx....shocking.

Archived