Toronto Sun: York stadium's missing Lynx

Metro

quote:Originally posted by Massive Attack

You do realize that Calgary is Cow Town. It kinda makes sense if you think of it a little bit.

Ok ummmm. I was being polite, unless you enjoy hog town better:D

My point was .... Is the current Lynx situation better then no team at all?

How is it better?? I dont know about you but I rather watch what I have. It sees latley all I been hearing is bitching, and bitching, and I havent met half the people that bitch and are from Toronto. Do you people even bother coming out and watching these guys or you guys just like to bitch. If you choose to support a club (like I have) you stick by it no matter what happens. Obviously its tought, its even tougher when you got a few boozos running things, but all this talk about not having a team would be better. Well I dunno I was looking foreward to may 15th for a few months and now I cant wait until the 28th.

quote:Originally posted by Polish_LYNX_Fan

How is it better?? I dont know about you but I rather watch what I have. It sees latley all I been hearing is bitching, and bitching, and I havent met half the people that bitch and are from Toronto. Do you people even bother coming out and watching these guys or you guys just like to bitch. If you choose to support a club (like I have) you stick by it no matter what happens. Obviously its tought, its even tougher when you got a few boozos running things, but all this talk about not having a team would be better. Well I dunno I was looking foreward to may 15th for a few months and now I cant wait until the 28th.

You're sort of right. But the point is that it could, and should, be so much more. If the Lynx did not exist, you could easily just pick a local CPSL side and support them with the same fervour.

I could but I dont think I would have ever gone to a game as I did to see the Lynx play. Before I actually made it to the lynx game, I knew more or less what the deal was, through the media (as limited as it was) I knew the CPSL existed only becuase one of my friends knew a guy that played with Toronto Croatia. Also it would be alot harder for me to show this kind of passion for a CPSL team. Lets face it there is a difference between USL and the CPSL. USL is a lot more proffesional, it might not show with the lynx but the gap is pretty big. SO basically I take the Lynx (even in their current state) over nothing in a heartbeat.

quote:

Before the move, the Sounders GM predicted large crowds (8 to 10 thousand, if I remember correctly) when they moved to Seahawks Stadium.

Incorrect.

http://www.kingcountyjournal.com/sited/story/html/129962

quote:

``If we average less than 4,000, people will be disappointed. Not astonished and not beside ourselves, but disappointed,'' Hanauer said. ``Anything over 6,000 will be just out of the park.''

Archived