Stalteri to Spurs!!

Alberto7

quote:Originally posted by SeanKeay

LOL, i think the saints were better off with the hoddle/richards switch

8 million for a guy who played 1 season and hoddle the man with the mystic voices.... :)

selling richards was a good piece of business![:P] Hope his health improves, though.

Hoddle was a tough blow. When strachan left, saints should have taken Hoddle back.

quote:Originally posted by Loud Mouth Soup

We're not hunting for glory. We already have it. It's called a trophy or two, never finishing outside the top 2 under Wenger, Europe without using Thomas Cook's last minute bargains...

;)...teasing...

And let's not forget the annual St. Totteringham's Day celebrations!

I love Spurs and hate Arsenal, but I accept the success of our North London rivals without any bitterness.:D

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be in the corner kicking the cat!

PETA and SPCA disclaimer: I don't actually own a cat, it is merely an expression. ;)

After much teeth gnashing I have decided that I will be cheering for Tottenham 36 time a year, and for Paul to score 3 and clear three more off the line in two 4-3 (all chances/goals by Arsenal coming from whatever side of the field Paul is not playing) losses to the Gunners. Yes, I will probably need therapy as a result, but probably do anyways given the state of Canadian soccer generally.

sean, saw your post at rivals. So you saw the derisory way that spud fans are treating the arrival of stalteri. The reality is, they can't get past the fact that he's a canadian. In their minds, they are too big for some "schmok" ( a yid on rivals actually wrote the word that way) from canada to be in their team. The lot of them are bun heads. Stalteri is completely suited for english football. He's going to be the makelele of spud-ville (not in the same position perhaps but he'll be the unsung hero that frees up everyone else to be flashy).

Good move for Stalteri. Probably not a move up in club terms but the Premiership is a slightly better league than the Bundesliga. I always favour players moving to better overall leagues, i.e. a move to Celtic or Dynamo Kiev might be great at club level but they are playing 2nd division level teams for 80% of their games whereas at Spurs he will have extremely competitive matches week in and out. Certainly both the league and club are much higher profile and hopefully he will gain a lot more prominence in the Canadian media. I think the change in style and playing with and against a different set of players will do a lot for his play and in turn help his national team play.

Oh ****, I jinxed him didn't I. great me.

Ya know I shouldn't even be on here, there's work to do. As soon as I sent that I had this bad feeling.

great, great, Mothergreater!!

I'm so mad I could smash this computer.

If anyone expects me to buy a 'Spurs kit, Stalteri or no, they're fu'king nuts.

I think the dislike of 'Spurs here in Canada might go back to the days when it was all Arsenal/Spurs on the television. Hmm. Who to root for? The faggots in white named after a stupid bird (and not exactly a bird-of-prey either). Or the team with an artillary piece on there shirt? Easy call in the trailor park.

And of course there is that picture of Gazza getting his nards compounded by Jones. Real charming.

P.S. Give Paul a chance. He's built for the EPL in every aspect. They're going to get to learn to love this guy.

• 1 month later...

A Bremen supporter described Stalteri and his move as such:

to STALTERI:

man were we sad when it was announced that he would leave. he was here for 8 years, always fighting his arse off, even in the reserves. everybody loved him here. in his first appearance for the pro squad he already scored and since then he moved more and mor into defence. if he was healthy, he played. with so much passion, it made us wonder sometimes. But he wore the 7 on the shirt, i guess there's something about that number...

Anyway, many critisised him for his poor crossing abilities. he got the nickname "Stolperi", which means kind of "Stumbli" because it was kind of funny sometimes how hard he tried and where the ball actually landed sometimes.

when he came, schaaf, who is now the pro team's manager since '99, coached the reserves and he got stalteri from toronto. schaaf was the man to make stalteri's career possible, he supported him all the time. i mean, it wasn't just stalteri who always played instead of the new players. it was also schaaf who would let him play.

still it is a riddle for me how we could let him go. maybe he wanted to change or schaaf finally wants to change the system to one where the whole defence is able to switch to attack and play accurate passes.

i think for stalteri it is good to go to the spurs, he will be a leader there and here he was always the guy that played because nobody else was able to do the job.

by the way, many werder supporters already bought spurs-shirts with stalteris name on it and everybody prays that we will meet the spurs in a european competition one day. he still is in bremen and has a lot of friends here. maybe he was the worst player ever to become the fan's favourite, but he definitely deserved it and everybody here wishes him all the best.

(...f.e. to rejoin us some day...)

scroll down here for the source

http://saintschat.com/ipw-web/bulletin/bb/viewtopic.php?t=65188

quite an interesting article by that supporter... fascinating to see how the fans thought of him... the worst player ever to become a fan's favourite haha... i guess passion and determination got him where he was instead of his skill.

Archived