One more Week in Germany

devioustrevor

After today's games, the German Bundesliga is in for quite the final weekend. Bayern is the only team that is guaranteed to make the Champions League right now. Schalke can still fall into a UEFA Cup spot if they lose and Stuttgart and Hertha Berlin both win. Werder Bremen still also has a shot at getting to the CL.

**NOTE** Only the Top-3 teams in Germany qualify for the Champions League

bundesliga9bu.gif

quote:Originally posted by DJT

Ed said a while ago that Bremen could no longer qualify for the CL and he repeated it in this week's preview. I'm confused.

My mistake. I thought one or the other of Stuttgart or Hertha would grab a win today and neither did. Werder Bremen still have a shot as Stuttgart will be hard pressed to win next weekend against Bayern Munich but I'd say Hertha Berlin are in the driver's seat, at home against Hannover.

quote:Originally posted by devioustrevor

Stuttgart lost, Hertha Berlin drew and Werder Bremen won. By my count, that means that Werder Bremen finishes 3rd and gets back into the Champions League.

Bremen's 3rd place finish gets them a CL preliminary round tie. So, technically they aren't guarenteed a spot in the CL.

quote:Originally posted by ditty

Bremen's 3rd place finish gets them a CL preliminary round tie. So, technically they aren't guarenteed a spot in the CL.

I don't think they're complaining. It's the same situation Man U and Everton are in and Liverpool and Bolton fought so hard to get to.

Archived