Tiger-Cats Explore Bringing 2007 FIFA World Youth

http://ticats.ca/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=3522&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

Tiger-Cats Explore Bringing 2007 FIFA World Youth Championship To Hamilton

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats are pleased to announce their intention to explore Hamilton as a host site for the FIFA World Youth Championship Canada 2007.

“Keeping the event in the greater GTA allows Canada's largest population base to experience this once-in-a-lifetime sporting event,” said Ticats owner Bob Young. “We believe that the city of Hamilton has the ability, facilities, and community support to deliver a world-class tournament.”

About the Hamilton Tiger-Cats

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats are a member of the Canadian Football League (CFL) with a rich 136-year old history, which includes 40 Canadian Football Hall of Famers and 15 Grey Cup Championships. For more information log onto www.ticats.ca

- 30 -

--------------------------

With Bob Young at the head, if it can work..he'll bring the games to Hamilton FOPRSURE.

quote:Originally posted by Winnipeg Fury

Install FIFA approved Fieldturf into the Ticat stadium, and there's another national stadium.

Are Hamliton really interested in hosting this tournament? Or are

they looking for stadium improvements (new fieldturf, etc) at the

soccer publics expence?

quote:Originally posted by Winnipeg Fury

Install FIFA approved Fieldturf into the Ticat stadium, and there's another national stadium.

Are Hamliton really interested in hosting this tournament? Or are

they looking for stadium improvements (new fieldturf, etc) at the

soccer publics expence?

Kevan Pipe! What a clown! He refers to Bob Young as David MacDonald (The Former part owner of the tiger cats) on interview with Greg Samsone from The Score. Pipe claims he spoken to the Hamilton Group but can't but the dicklock refers Bob Young as David MacDonald

Kevan Pipe! What a clown! He refers to Bob Young as David MacDonald (The Former part owner of the tiger cats) on interview with Greg Samsone from The Score. Pipe claims he spoken to the Hamilton Group but can't but the dicklock refers Bob Young as David MacDonald

I've got many, many relatives that will be incensed to see Hamilton referred to as part of the "greater GTA". First time I've ever heard of that terminology - it effectively means "the greater Greater Toronto Area". How far does that reach, Kenora? I guess we are the centre of the universe after all.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

I've got many, many relatives that will be incensed to see Hamilton referred to as part of the "greater GTA". First time I've ever heard of that terminology - it effectively means "the greater Greater Toronto Area". How far does that reach, Kenora? I guess we are the centre of the universe after all.

Reports out of Winnipeg suggest that the city is fighting off a hostile bid from the GTA to be added to the GTA.

Hell, let's just rename the country--TorontoLand--and put Mel Lastman on all currency.

quote:Originally posted by The Beaver

Reports out of Winnipeg suggest that the city is fighting off a hostile bid from the GTA to be added to the GTA.

Those reports are garbled. That would be the GGGGTA - the Greater, Greater, Greater, Gargantuan Toronto Area they are fighting, not the GTA. For every 1000 miles you need to add another G. Its the rules.

Saw an interview on TV the other day with Bob Young and I have to say that I was impressed by the man. He is a man that is dedicated to the Hamilton community (despite living most of the year in the States to run his business). If anyone can help pull something like this off, I think the Ticats owner could do it.

I also wanted to mention that the fake turf currently in place in Hamilton is only 1 or 2 years old, and it has the lines permanently painted on. I remember when it was first installed there were a few people in Hamilton complaining that the field should have been left blank so that Hamilton could win some international soccer events.

Finally, Copps Coliseum always hosts major concerts (Ozzy, Metalica, U2, etc), and they do pretty well. People in the GTA are willing to go to Hamilton for big events.

quote:Originally posted by Massive Attack

Saw an interview on TV the other day with Bob Young and I have to say that I was impressed by the man. He is a man that is dedicated to the Hamilton community (despite living most of the year in the States to run his business). If anyone can help pull something like this off, I think the Ticats owner could do it.

I also wanted to mention that the fake turf currently in place in Hamilton is only 1 or 2 years old, and it has the lines permanently painted on. I remember when it was first installed there were a few people in Hamilton complaining that the field should have been left blank so that Hamilton could win some international soccer events.

Finally, Copps Coliseum always hosts major concerts (Ozzy, Metalica, U2, etc), and they do pretty well. People in the GTA are willing to go to Hamilton for big events.

Lets just hope Hamilton can get some games, although they won't

get the final, a few group games, a qtr final would be nice.

The CSA spending one million or so to lay new turf would be better

then going after a stadium that culdn't afford, and may save some

of us fans from quitting following our national side, which is

hard to do at the best of times when they don't even come near

ontario.

Archived