Setanta Cup (all-Ireland)

argh1

If I'm following this right with only 1 game left in group play:

Linfield need only a draw to advance to the final whilst Glentoran have to beat Linfield by 2 goals to win Group 1.

Cork City have to beat Portadown in the final game of Group 2 by 2 goals to win the Group otherwise Shels win group 2.

Final will be May 21st at Shelbournes Tolka Park.

Teams that qualify for Setanta Cup are the league winners, runners up, and IFA (N.I) or FAI (ROI) Cup winners in both Irish leagues.

www.irishfootballonline.com

Well,well,well......the part-timers of the "Daily Mirror" Irish Premier League (N.I) beat the full-timers of the "EIRCOM" League of Ireland, Premier Division (RoI) 0-2 and won the 150 thou Euros .

I'm not sure what the difference is between part-time and full-time at this level but good on Linfield for winning an all-Ireland Cup and when was there an All-Ireland Cup before I wonder.

Linfield took a game 2-0 against Shebourne in Shelbourne. I wouldn't want to be Shels next opponent in the League of Ireland there may be stress to release.

I must add good for soccer in Ireland I haven't seen reports of sectarian stuff. So let's have at 'er agin next year!

Archived