Pesch Interview

Peschfan

Pesch sums up season and his view on the playoffs.

Paul Peschisolido - Derby County

Derby's much-traveled striker Paul Peschisolido will be hoping it's third time lucky in the play-offs this season. The Canadian international has lost out in two of the end-of-season showdowns so far but believes fortune is on his side. Givemefootball's Lawrie Madden caught up with him after he'd scored in the 3-1 win over Preston on Sunday which ensured the Rams finish above North End, who they now meet in the semi finals - with the second leg at Pride Park.

Q GIVEN YOUR BAD LUCK IN THE PLAY-OFFS, ARE YOU A FAN OF THEM?

A I think they are fantastic. They are exciting and there is no better way to get promoted. I got to the final with Sheffield United only to be beaten by Wolves and when I was with Fulham I got sent off against Grimsby in the second leg so I have not had much luck. That's why I am hoping it is third time lucky.

Q DO YOU CONSIDER YOURSELF FAVOURITES, WITH THE HOME LEG SECOND?

A No not really. It's about who puts in the better performances on the given days. Our away from is very good. I think we have won 13 games on the road which is excellent. But we did lose 3-0 at Preston so we want to rectify that. Having said that it may offer us a little advantage if the game goes into extra time or there is a penalty shoot-out.

Q GREAT ACHIEVEMENT BY THE CLUB WHATEVER HAPPENS FROM HERE ON IN?

A It has been outstanding achievement. The manager, the Board and the players deserve a lot of credit. The manager has bought well and brought in some exceptional players in Bisgaard, Rasiak and Tommy Smith.

Q WILL YOU PREPARE ANY DIFFERENTLY?

A No, we will do the same training and prepare as we normally do. We have a good bunch of lads and our record is pretty good going into the play-offs. We just hope our form stays with us during the next week or two.

Q WILL SUNDAY'S RESULT AGAINST PRESTON HAVE ANY BEARING?

A It is very difficult to say because anyone can beat anyone. Preston are well organised and they work very hard. We are very attack minded and we have a lot of flair so it will be interesting.

Q WHERE DOES THIS STAND ALONGSIDE YOUR OTHER PLAY-OFF APPEARANCES?

A It's another opportunity to get into then Premiership, which is great for me at this late stage of my career. I tend to look forward and not backwards so I am looking forward to these games.

Archived