Serbia - Italy in Toronto

Jarrek

quote:Originally posted by DJT

Seriously, that might be the case. Maybe this CSA regulation is relatively unique. I mean, this is the third time in less than a year that something like this has happened — are all these people screwing up, or are they just not aware because this isn't how it's done in most countries?

We've gone through this debate before, but personally I don't see this as being any different than any other form of entertainment. If a band, tractor pull, circus, whatever wants to bring their show to Canada, do they have to ask permission?

International soccer is governed by FIFA. The CSA is recognized by FIFA as the governing body of the sport in Canada.

It is not unusual in the least for sanctioning by a nation's governing body to be a necessity.

I understand that the USSF does very well from sanctioning fees.

ChampionsWorld was well aware of the need for sanctioning, applied for and received the sanctioning, but in the end, were unable to pay the fee.

As for the promotor of the Liverpool - Man U. indoor series, I don't think he knew what he was doing.

As for this case, you're guess is as good as mine. Chinaglia's people should know better. They know the rules.

db

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Football Italia:

Cristiano Lucarelli and Giandomenico Mesto are among eight debutants called for Italy’s friendly tour of the USA from June 7 to 11.

Marcello Lippi named the squad ahead of the Azzurri’s World Cup qualifier in Norway and will perform several experiments in the two friendly games against Serbia-Montenegro and Ecuador.

Livorno hitman Lucarelli was widely expected to make his international bow after finishing the Serie A season as Capocannoniere with 24 goals.

The other new boys are Palermo goalkeeper Matteo Guardalben, Fiorentina defender Dario Dainelli, Lecce’s Marco Cassetti, Palermo forward Franco Brienza, Messina midfielder Carmine Coppola, Chievo’s Roberto Baronio and Reggina fullback Giandomenico Mesto – a former Under-21 international. Lazio veteran Angelo Peruzzi also earns a recall.

The Azzurri will play Serbia-Montenegro on Wednesday June 8 at the Toronto Skydome (8pm local time, 1am in the UK) and Ecuador on Saturday June 11 at Giants Stadium in New York (3pm local time, 8pm in the UK).

Goalkeepers: Roma (Monaco), Peruzzi (Lazio), Guardalben (Palermo).

Defenders: Barzagli (Palermo), Chiellini (Fiorentina), Dainelli (Fiorentina), Oddo (Lazio), Cassetti (Lecce), Grosso (Palermo).

Midfielders: Baronio (Chievo), Blasi (Juve), Esposito (Cagliari), Barone (Palermo), Mesto (Reggina), Coppola (Messina), Mauri (Udinese).

Forwards: Iaquinta (Udinese), Toni (Palermo), Brienza (Palermo), Lucarelli (Livorno), Di Michele (Udinese), Langella (Cagliari).

So according the that (from Britain), Toronto is in the USA. :(

Roma, Barzagli, Chiellini, Grosso, Barone, Blasi, Esposito, Iaquinta and Toni were all on Italy's roster for their WCQ match at Norway on June 4.

(Reminder: please don't spoil the result of Norway vs. Italy in this thread.)

you know how they are in europe, they paint canada with the same brush as the states, i had to stop myself when my cousins would say 'America' and mean Canada, i got used to it..

congrats to Reggina for Mesto's inclusion, the first ever for the Granata, tho i thought Tedesco earned it more, it should be an interesting game, i'm gonna enjoy it :)

Serbia name young squad for Italy friendly

BELGRADE, June 5 (Reuters) - Serbia and Montenegro manager Ilija Petkovic has called up six uncapped players for a friendly against Italy in Toronto on Wednesday.

They include five under-21 internationals, central defenders Branislav Ivanovic and Marko Basa, striker Igor Burzanovic, right back Nemanja Rnic and goalkeeper Vladimir Stojkovic.

Zeta Golubovci midfielder Nikola Trajkovic, who won the country's first division player of the season award, has also been added.

Petkovic dropped eight first-team players who were in the starting line-up for Saturday's 0-0 draw with Belgium which left Serbia top of World Cup qualifying Group Seven.

Squad:

Goalkeepers: Oliver Kovacevic (Zeleznik Belgrade), Vladimir Stojkovic (Zemun Belgrade)

Defenders: Nemanja Rnic (Partizan Belgrade), Milan Dudic (Red Star Belgrade), Marko Basa (OFK Belgrade), Branislav Ivanovic (OFK Belgrade), Ivica Dragutinovic (Standard Liege), Nenad Djordjevic (Partizan Belgrade).

Midfield: Nenad Brnovic (Partizan Belgrade), Simon Vukcevic (Partizan Belgrade), Dragan Mladenovic (Real Sociedad), Ognjen Koroman (Krylya Sovietov Samara), Nikola Trajkovic (Zeta Golubovci), Milos Maric (Olympiakos Piraeus)

Strikers: Nenad Jestrovic (Anderlecht), Nikola Zigic (Red Star Belgrade), Mirko Vucinic (Lecce), Igor Burzanovic (Buducnost Podgorica)

quote:Originally posted by DJT

So according the that (from Britain), Toronto is in the USA. :(

They do that in Greece all the time. Pisses me off. [}:)]

Like if a singer is coming on tour over here, they'd be like, "SingerName is touring the USA with concerts in New York, Boston, Montreal, Toronto, and Chicago". AHHHHHHHH

Archived