Teams that we follow from away

argh1

End of Season.

I'll start this as we all follow different clubs or maybe gawd forbid don't follow British soccer.......gasp [}:)]

I'll only bring up teams that I follow.

Starting with the EPL the only team that I truly follow Man City look like they'll finish between 7th or 9th place .....well done.

Championship ..... QPR and Leeds got that nice comfortable mid-table finish that I feel they need this year and Sheffield United will just miss the playoffs.

League 1 .....Sheffield Wednesday are in the playoffs. Please join the teams I mentioned above.The only team (besides the Leafs) in the whole wide world that I wish failure upon, MK Dons just barely stave off relegation on the last day.....a whole bunch of words that the censors won't allow.

League 2 .....Notts County finish 19th but in this up and down year I'm satisfied.

Conference....after some real promise providing real dreams of getting back in the Football League the Shaymen of Halifax Town falter and finish 9th

Ryman Division 1 ......AFC Wimbledon walk away with the title and win promotion to Ryman Premier League

Central Midlands Premier League ......AFC Barnsley win hands down and should be promoted to Central Midlands Supreme League (tier 11 in the pyramid) not bad for a 2nd year team.

SPL.....Hearts were disapointing ....enuff said....Rangers hanging in to the end.

IPL....ARDS.... SUCKED this year and just managed to miss the playoff/relegation playoff

Welsh PL ......actually I really don't care that much.....but T.N.S won the league

Besides Britain:

Ligue 1 ..... PSG.... Blew away most of the season but should finish a respectable 7th or 8th

Spanish Segunda ....Tenerife....upper mid-table ....kewl

NOFV Oberliga Nord.....BFC Berlin....looks like 6th.....hoping for better

I'm sure others have clubs that they follow oddly from this side of the Atlantic

Good topic I think-but not much interest so far. What a traumatic week I've had!!I was born in Gillingham, and they are my No. 1 team ( and today was a disaster), I have supported Chelsea for over 45 years--a truly fabulous season, but a roller-coaster of a week, and finally I lived in Nottingahm, and am an avid Forest fan who are down, and put the Gills down today!!!! At the moment my glass is difinitely half-empty--Gillingham being back in League One after a lifetime of getting there has left me stunned!!!

Since i lived in Mons, Belgium for a year (goin back for the summer in a few weeks...parents still live there) i've followed RAEC Mons in div 1, tho i think they're all but officially relegated to div 2. Considering they were div 3 only 5 years ago and they've been in the top flight for 3 now it's not too shabby...hopefully they'll get back up there next season tho.

Ive been following man united for a while now (ya ya i know they're not thefavourite team of the board but o well!)

Also, in ligue 1 i like OM.

I also Casually follow whatever team that canadians play for, more just to see the progress of our nats tho.

Always liked Wolves and Roma...why? Because of the cool crest!

Duncan Ferguson is one of my favorite players so I cheer for Everton, except when they're playing Liverpool. Zidane is an icon, more than a hero, but he plays for teams I've never liked that much, so that theory goes out the window. I'm expected to be a 'Gers supporter (that's Glasgow Rangers to avoid any Argh type confusion)but the league lacks excitement except during the Old Firm derby.

In summary, I cheer for whoever I damn well please and that's one of the benefits of being Canadian!

quote:Originally posted by FC Beast

I follow Celtic FC, Watford FC and Liverpool FC, In

Canada it used to be the Toronto Blizzard. On the national

team level i always enjoy watching Brazil, Rep of Ireland,

and of course Canada.

wait....so u like the canadian nats? hmm...

quote:Originally posted by FC Beast

players114.jpg

That picture is from your computer. You can see it because you are using your own computer. But no one else can see it. So don't post pictures from your computer.

Also, this icon_edit_topic.gif is for editing and this icon_reply_topic.gif is for replying. You've mixed them up a dozen times and made a mess all over the place.

quote:Originally posted by DJT

That picture is from your computer. You can see it because you are using your own computer. But no one else can see it. So don't post pictures from your computer.

Also, this icon_edit_topic.gif is for editing and this icon_reply_topic.gif is for replying. You've mixed them up a dozen times and made a mess all over the place.

Yes i know ,sorry about that i got a gizmo for the computer that enlarges small print, it shouldn't happen again.

my saints are down. I remember talking to an arsenal supporter in the autumn and saying that I thought this could be the year for Saints to get relegated. We just bought very poorly over the summer. I'm not sure if the club thought M. Svensson was going to return from injury but his absence left a giant whole in the center of defence. In midfield, I think they figured Oakley would be back earlier because our midfield was rudderless. We brought in quashie in January for some steel, but it was too late by then. It's going to be harder to follow Saints next year, but I'm not jumping off the bandwagon.

I follow Arsenal in the EPL. Also I support non-league AFC Wimbledon, who were created in 2002 and are quickly making their way back to the league. AFC were created after Wimbledon FC were moved away by their idiot owners to Milton Keynes to become Milton Keynes Dons (MK Dons are struggling in the league 1 (old 3rd div) relegation zone, serve's 'em right!). I also support FC Internazionale in Italy and Flamengo in Brazil, who are having an atrocious year.

Archived