Champions League Final: AC Milan - Liverpool FC

Canuck Oranje

I am a little surprised by Liverpool making it, but not too much. Good to see them there.

I was thinking that AC Milan was the favourite to win this tournament but their performance against PSV yesterday suggests that this should be an excellent final and relatively even. You would have thought Milan would have been prepared better for yesterday's game. Any Hiddink-coached team never gives up and always seems to over achieve.

And what about that underrated veteran, Cocu? Just a classy player, period. Another, of my favourites, Cafu, had a terrible game yesterday, but I suspect he will be his gritty self for the final.

Since we all like controversy. Wouldn't a Liverpool win just make the FA's day, first they get to tick off Everton by giving their earned CL spot to Liverpool.

Merseyside will not be a fun place for soccer fans if Toffees get bumped by the Reds. Secretly I bet the FA hopes Milan wollaps Liverpool.

Of course the easiest thing for the FA to do is tell Liverpool you didn't earn a CL spot in this years domestic league play.... so shadup.

Your success in '05 CL is because of your play in '04 EPL .....so shadup.

You didn't qualify for '06 CL because of your play on '05 EPL.....SHADUP.......them's the rules.

I've recently been reading and hearing that UEFA will consider adding a 5th English team to the Champions League if Liverpool win this year.

My understanding is that the 5th team (Liverpool) would be forced to start from the early qualifying rounds, which would force them to play a lot of games just to get to the group stage. Although I bet teams in the smaller European Leagues (Iceland, Faroe Islands, Belarus, Malta, etc.,) would just be chomping at the bit to play a tie with a team like Liverpool. They'd probably be able to charge outrageous prices for the home game knowing full well the fans would pay dearly to see their beloved team play a European giant like 'Pool.

quote:Originally posted by argh1

Since we all like controversy. Wouldn't a Liverpool win just make the FA's day, first they get to tick off Everton by giving their earned CL spot to Liverpool.

Merseyside will not be a fun place for soccer fans if Toffees get bumped by the Reds. Secretly I bet the FA hopes Milan wollaps Liverpool.

Of course the easiest thing for the FA to do is tell Liverpool you didn't earn a CL spot in this years domestic league play.... so shadup.

Your success in '05 CL is because of your play in '04 EPL .....so shadup.

You didn't qualify for '06 CL because of your play on '05 EPL.....SHADUP.......them's the rules.

well, the FA has already announced that the 4th place team will go to CL next season no matter what.

If England gets a 5th team, that would be ridiculous and totally unfair to whichever small club gets their hard-earned CL place taken away from them by the Liverpool money-making machine.

The worst part is that the FA and UEFA are changing the rules in the middle of the game here. Sitting back and waiting to see where the teams finish before deciding the qualification procedure for next year's CL. But then again, when the FA and UEFA put their pea-sized heads together, can we really expect anything good/fair to happen?

Archived