In light of the possibility of losing the Fifa...

Moosehead

Youth World Cup in 2007, should the Voyageurs become more politically active in terms of organizing protests or any event to show to the media the importance of this tournament. How about writing letters to your local MP or letters to Rogers stating one's disapproval that their action may have cancelled one of the most important tournaments Canada has ever been awarded. Will we have regrets if our protests didn't get outside this message board?

Enough with this Rogers-bashing crap. It has nothing to do with Rogers. Anybody with half a brain could have seen this offer coming months ago. There were articles from at least February suggesting the Argos would stay at the Dome.

It is 100% the fault of the CSA. This is the 3rd stadium they have announced (CNE, UofT, York) that has fell through in the past what, like year and a half. They need to stop making pretty stadium drawings, and start working on their financial situation.

As for Rogers, I'm sure they would work with the CSA/FIFA to have the finals on natural grass at the Rogers Center live on Rogers SportsNet, sponsored by Rogers Digital, brought to you by Rogers Cell, live on Rogers FAN 590...I'm sure you get my point. Plus they could broadcast the game in other languages on their 2 multilingual stations they own in Ontario.

PS - this ain't aimed at you Moosehead, I'm just in a bad mood :D

I say we have a Voyageurs led news conference. Have the Voyageurs encourage members of the national team and soccer community to come out and state the case to the media, from a fan perspective, the importance of this Fifa event. The sky dome deal wasn't part of the deal with Fifa, we should honour our committments made to Fifa.

quote:Originally posted by Moosehead

Youth World Cup in 2007, should the Voyageurs become more politically active in terms of organizing protests or any event to show to the media the importance of this tournament. How about writing letters to your local MP or letters to Rogers stating one's disapproval that their action may have cancelled one of the most important tournaments Canada has ever been awarded. Will we have regrets if our protests didn't get outside this message board?

Stay away from Argo/Blue Jays games would be a good start.

Getting rid of rogers cable and going to a dish system ( i have already done that) so money isn't going to Mr Rogers. If enough

voyaguers do that then they might take notice.

quote:Originally posted by Elias

Enough with this Rogers-bashing crap. It has nothing to do with Rogers. Anybody with half a brain could have seen this offer coming months ago. There were articles from at least February suggesting the Argos would stay at the Dome.

It is 100% the fault of the CSA. This is the 3rd stadium they have announced (CNE, UofT, York) that has fell through in the past what, like year and a half. They need to stop making pretty stadium drawings, and start working on their financial situation.

As for Rogers, I'm sure they would work with the CSA/FIFA to have the finals on natural grass at the Rogers Center live on Rogers SportsNet, sponsored by Rogers Digital, brought to you by Rogers Cell, live on Rogers FAN 590...I'm sure you get my point. Plus they could broadcast the game in other languages on their 2 multilingual stations they own in Ontario.

PS - this ain't aimed at you Moosehead, I'm just in a bad mood :D

Fifa won't allow tournament or full internationals to be played at the Dome, they have said this numerous times and that won't change.

quote:Originally posted by FC Beast

Fifa won't allow tournament or full internationals to be played at the Dome, they have said this numerous times and that won't change.

even with grass? considering they allow games on a very crappy vasity...makes you wonder.

there is no need for new stadiums to host this tourny.

quote:Originally posted by G-Man

even with grass? considering they allow games on a very crappy vasity...makes you wonder.

there is no need for new stadiums to host this tourny.

ven with grass at the dome Fifa will still say No. I was at the two

Champions series games at the dome last summer, and even though

the grass was nicely laid you can tell the players still had a few

problems with it from a tackling point of view.

quote:Originally posted by FC Beast

ven with grass at the dome Fifa will still say No. I was at the two

Champions series games at the dome last summer, and even though

the grass was nicely laid you can tell the players still had a few

problems with it from a tackling point of view.

i would say that those games were meaningless exibition games had more to do with lack of tacking than the surface of play. WC games have been played on temporay feilds before. The Silverdome comes to mind.

quote:Originally posted by G-Man

i would say that those games were meaningless exibition games had more to do with lack of tacking than the surface of play. WC games have been played on temporay feilds before. The Silverdome comes to mind.

But if you watched them put the turf in the Detroit siverdome, the

grass was brought in sections wilth a good layer of soil underneath

while at the dome they was not too much soil under the grass, it was a quick lay and remove job there.

Archived