Head-to-Head Voyageurs Cup History

[*]At Vancouver:

»  August 2, 2002 - Vancouver 1 Toronto 1

»  June 28, 2003  - Vancouver 1 Toronto 2

»  June 25, 2004  - Vancouver 3 Toronto 1

[*]Overall:

»  Vancouver 2-1-3 Toronto

Voyageurs Cup

With the game about to kick off, the TEAM's Web stream is still not available due to "Internet streaming rights issues". It's been this way for at least the last hour. The pre-game show was supposed to start at 6:30 PDT. I think someone at the TEAM screwed up. [xx(]

quote:Originally posted by Blue and White Army

I just called Team1040 all the way from England to find out what's going on.

Wow, you're devoted. :) Thanks.

Well, it's back to the old source, News1130, with updates every 15 minutes:

At 7:45 PDT, around the 40th minute of play:

Vancouver 0 Toronto 0

Talk about bush-league:

"At the end of regulation time there was confusion over whether the teams would play overtime. One official called for two, 10-minute extra periods but team officials argued the USL has done away with overtime in regular season games."

The first Lilley score of the season

Not the last...

With such a coach, predict that the public will leave soon and the sellouts won't be a "problem" anymore...

I loved Busby's remark : "To get a good quality league maybe we can spread some of these games out," said Busby Jr.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Talk about bush-league:

"At the end of regulation time there was confusion over whether the teams would play overtime. One official called for two, 10-minute extra periods but team officials argued the USL has done away with overtime in regular season games."

The whole game report on TSN acts as one big advertisement for people not to pay attention to this league - Boring and bush league.

Please, please, can someone from York or the CSA enter and win $20 million in the lottery?

quote:Originally posted by snake

0-0 final

sellout

lilley out!

The problem is not just Lilley. Lenarduzzi knew what Lilley was like before he hired him. In the offseason, the Caps recruited stalwart offensive players like Mark Watson, (a defender) Steve Klein, a defensive midfielder, Jake Sagare, (midfielder who scored very few points for Portland), Said Ali, (a USL Div 2 player) and Joe Gjertson (a college player who had never played on a pro team). To make room for the stars, Sulentic, Winston Griffiths and Heald are gone.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Talk about bush-league:

I don't think that the USL is responsible for assigning games, I think that the USSF assigns referees for the pro games in the USA, not sure who assigns for the Canadian games. It is the referee's responsibility to know the rules of the competition. The referee or the assignor wears this one.

quote:Originally posted by torontosupport

I thought Swangard's capacity was more than this. I guess I was wrong. Was this the same attendance as the opening WCQ?

I was there Saturday, the place was pretty well packed. I suspect to exceed 6,000 there need to be bleachers in the end zone which the 'Caps had last season. For WCQ there were substantially more bleachers than for regular season USL games.

What was rather amusing was that at the end of regulation time the PA announcer said there would be two 10 minute overtime periods. There was much discussion and gesticulating between the coaches and referees and in due course the players left the field. Evidently USL has changed the rule for 2005 and only the referee and fourth official were up to date.

Archived