Ivor Evan's boys and coaches suspended.

bettermirror

First of all, in these incidents, it has no bearing to where the team originates from. It has entirely to do with the actions of their coaches. I have seen it first hand. DISGUSTING. The kids feed off their actions. Ivor Evans is THE WORST ROLE MODEL I have ever seen. It is simple as that. The parents on his team follow along blindly, sadly due to his reputation as an "ex-pro". How sad is that?

I am also a coach and I have to be a role model for my players. That is paramount above anything else I do. Demographics aside, Eric Ho and Ivor Evans are the priniciple catalysts in these terrible incidents.

Also, the Guildford Soccer Club should have acted much earlier as there were several incidents through the season. I am afraid they have not shown well ethically here and their credibility is now very suspect.

I don't know mr. Evans, except for seeing him play during his better days. It appears that his actions and role model has led to this sad situation where players and parents follow suit like soldiers. But I also blame the District who approved him as coach for that team. Like other Districts, maybe there is little or no background check of coaches and no ongoing monitoring. This District is surely to be blame because it seems that Mr. Evans had a history of coaching ethics violations. Nobody knew that? including the BCSA? hard to believe.

quote:Originally posted by loyola

Who's Ivor Evans? I would like to know more about him, it's like everyone on this thread knows him and his reputation but I don't.....so please tell me about this guy. Thanks!

I believe he came from Fiji to tryout for the Whitecaps around the 80's

He was a speedy and talented guy. You can search the Whitecaps site, maybe there is a record there of Mr. Evans. He was given a nickname of flashy fiji or something like that.

Guest Jeffery S.

I take great offense to stereotyping of the North Shore in this way. Can't recall any incidents of this nature playing 10 years youth soccer there, but in high school basketball games we fans regularly fought (yes, punches) during and after matches. I don't think a good tough bunch from Lynn Valley back then was any softer than a Surrey team.

So stop stereotyping the North Shore as soft.

Seriously though, as a parent with a kid just starting to play youth soccer, I have seen what can happen when parents get involved. Especially in games where the fans are on top of the field. I personally like when our team's coach expressly prohibits us from shouting at our kids during the match. Better for everyone. I understand than in some NA youth leagues this is in fact a regulation, no verbal participation from parents apart from celebrating goals and the occasional shout of encouragement.

Archived