CTV show on state of Soccer In Toronto

Jarrek

quote:Originally posted by Blue and White Army

Can someone with a TV tuner record this?

I think it's pretty clear by now that either no one here has the equipment or no one is willing to use it (for me it's the former). But keep asking, hopefully someone will eventually come along. ;)

Basically they talked about how there aren't many fields in Toronto and how teams would have to share or come really early to take those fields. Also mentioned how the fields are pretty crappy. The Toronto Soccer Association president said that all this amounts to respect and soccer isn't getting any.

They also mentioned about Magma Corp. (Owned by the Stronach family) and how they built like 10 fields up in Aurora and how there needs to be more corporate sponsorship to help get things going.

I was in Monterrey Mexico (opulation of 6 million) for New Year's and found it weird that their river dried up a couple of decades ago.

But being ingenious as ever, a whole bunch of soccer fields sprung up on the dry banks of the river thanks to the local soccer community. Sometimes a little creativity can go a long way, although apart from Superstore building pitches on their rooftops, I can't really think of anything else....

Archived