Canadians abroad: April 15-21, 2005

DJT

Ed's Canucks in Germany thread for this week.

Canadians abroad on TV this week

Notes: This list may be incomplete or inaccurate. Generally only premiere broadcasts are listed (in particular, FSWC repeats are not listed). All broadcasts are live unless otherwise noted. All times are EDT.

Saturday, April 16

2:30 PM (4.5-hour tape delay) on Sportsnet — England: Premier League

Crystal Palace vs. Norwich (Jim Brennan)

8:30 PM on FSWC — United States: MLS

Chicago vs. San Jose (Pat Onstad, Dwayne De Rosario)

Sunday, April 17

11:30 AM (26-hour tape delay) on FSWC — Germany: Bundesliga 1

Werder Bremen (Paul Stalteri) vs. Hertha Berlin

Guidelines for this thread

[*]In this thread post match updates on all Canadians abroad for April 15-21, 2005.

[*]If you find updates posted in some other thread or on the other Voyageurs forum then post them here as well, but be sure to credit the original poster.

[*]If there is news that is particularly significant (eg. someone scores a big goal, someone gets injured, etc.) then feel free to begin a new thread on that topic in order to draw greater attention or start a discussion, but also post that news here.

[*]Some comments on news posted in this thread are okay, but let's not let this thread go off into a long discussion. If the news already appears in another thread (as per the previous bullet) then post your comments in that other thread, otherwise if you want to say something significant or if it is likely to generate replies then begin a new thread.

Pesc's Blades threat

252 words

15 April 2005

Daily Star

English

© copyright Express Newspapers 2005

PAUL PESCHISOLIDO returns to Bramall Lane tonight hoping to shoot down his former club and move a step closer to erasing one of the most painful memories of his career.

Peschisolido was part of Neil Warnock's Blades side that lost 3-0 to Wolves in the 2003 Division One play-off final.

He admits it was one of his lowest moments as a player but he has set his sights on making amends by leading Derby back into the top flight.

And the Canadian international says there will be no room for sentiment when the two promotion-chasing sides meet.

He said: "I have mixed feelings because I had a terrific time at Sheffield United.

"But I have a job to do and hopefully I can play my part in helping us to a win.

"I had an exciting time at Bramall Lane.

"We had our successes and we got to the semi-finals of two cups and then had the disappointment of the playoff final defeat against Wolves two years ago.

"We were two down after 20 minutes and then three at half-time.

"That was devastating and that remains one of the lowest points of my career.

"But I have a chance to go back to the play-off final with Derby this season and hopefully put things right."

Warnock added: "He will get a good reception. I would have him back tomorrow and I don't have a bad word to say against him."

Peschy set up the winning goal, was sent clear through on goal his shot forced a sprawling save by Kenny, whose rebound fell to Bisgard who put it away frm 18 yards. Derby remain in 5th spot on 70 points. 1 point back of Preston and 3 points ahead of Reading, 4 points ahead of Sheffield United and 5 Points ahead of West Ham

Tyler Hughes did not play as Östers IF lost the season opener in Sweden's Superettan (D2) against Norrköping 1-2. He has been nursing some kind of groin injury for about a month. He is according to the club's website getting back into shape, but still not match fit.

No sign of Brennan in a 3-3 draw for Norwich against Crystal Palace.

Radzinsky comes in at 66 for Fulham in a 1-1 draw against Manchester City.

Hirschfield was on the bench for Leicester in a 2-0 loss against Wigan Ath.

Simpson comes in after 78 minutes for Milwall in a 1-1 draw against West Ham. No sign of Serioux (still on compassionate leave??)

Hume plays the whole match in a 0-0 draw against Blackpool.

Sweden's Superettan:

Stephen Ademolu was one of his side's best and contributed with an assist as Trelleborg defeated Västra Frölunda 3-0 in their home opener.

Meanwhile Kenny Stamatopoulos is being kept busy in Örebro as his Bodens BK plays the league's favourites. Close to half-time they're two goals down, but Kenny has made at least 6 saves.

Jeez, the discrmination against Canadaians is pretty repugnant. So many Canadians not getting starts in England and Scotland, and after we gave them Hargreaves. Its not fair to treat us that way, even if we didn't support Blair in Iraq.

In MLS: DeRosario comes off the bench and provides spark as SJ equalize in Chicago only to lose 2-1 on a late Fire goal. Onstad goes the 90.

Will Johnson scores for the Fire in their 3-1 reserve match win over the Quakes. Individual effort that began in his own half apparently to kill off the game late. DeRo played for the reserves, not sure how long.

cheers,

matthew

quote:Originally posted by matthew

In MLS: DeRosario comes off the bench and provides spark as SJ equalize in Chicago only to lose 2-1 on a late Fire goal. Onstad goes the 90.

Will Johnson scores for the Fire in their 3-1 reserve match win over the Quakes. Individual effort that began in his own half apparently to kill off the game late. DeRo played for the reserves, not sure how long.

SJ's official report has DeRo only playing the first half before being subbed.

Rocco Placentino played the entire match as Cavese lost 1-0 at home to Gela in Serie C2C action in Italy on Sunday. Rocco was Cavese's best player, according to datasport.it.

Julian Uccello played 85 minutes as Savona defeated Vado 2-1 in Serie D Girone A on Sunday.

David Masciantonio played the entire match as Monterotondo lost 3-2 to Astrea in Serie D Girone E on Sunday. David picked up a yellow card.

Guest Jeffery S.

Did not see Aguiar dressed for Penafiel as they lost to Academico 4-1 this weekend, perhaps still injured. Marco Bras played 90 in a 1-0 loss for his Pampilhosa, 3rd tier, Central Zone division.

Daniel Fernandes did not play in Paok's win on the weekend. With just 4 games left they are in fourth. If they can clinch that spot before the end of the season look for Thunder to get some playing time in the nets.

Archived