Apr 9 Friendly - Whitecaps v Trinity Western U [R]

Richard

Thanks for posting the results.

On the Southsiders forum, there is some disagreement over how Ali played. The plus - he scored again, and he's a target, the con is he lost the ball a number of times. One poster also predicted that Xausa would leave or be forced out, as Lilley was constantly yelling at him. Time will tell.

Saturday was Chris Lemire's first action.

quote:Originally posted by Richard

With a total of only eight shots on goal the Whitecaps men squeaked by Trinity Western University of the CIS with a 1-0 final score Saturday on a lucky goal in injury time.

http://www.whitecapsfc.com/news/april2005/TWUresult.htm

One again Richard, the tone of your post indicates some kind of jealousy or dislike towards the Whitecaps. You (once again) were not there and calling the goal "lucky" was ignorant, because it was a fabulously taken, and well set up goal.

Something you'll rarely see in the 2nd rate PCSL.

I was not there? Then who was that fellow who looked like me, sounded like me and even smelled like me standing on the sidelines watching the game and shooting the breeze with Bob Lennarduzzi and others?

Were you there, how would you characterise the game in one sentence?

I was not there? Then who was that fellow who looked like me, sounded like me and even smelled like me standing on the sidelines watching the game and shooting the breeze with Bob Lennarduzzi and others?

Were you there, how would you characterise the game in one sentence?

The Whitecaps dominated once again, but failed to score on their chances until the last minute.

Funny, I didn't see Bobby there.

Of course I defend the 'Caps when they deserve defending, I am an enthusiastic supporter but I call games the way I see them not the way I wish they had been.

Well if you're calling that Ali goal "lucky" I suppose you just have a different way of looking at things.

That's the wonderful thing about this sport...nobody is ever right, or wrong.

quote:Originally posted by Calgary Boomer

Well if you're calling that Ali goal "lucky" I suppose you just have a different way of looking at things.

That's the wonderful thing about this sport...nobody is ever right, or wrong.

The 'Caps failed to score at all during regulation time and for the most part their strikers were shut down by Trinity. They were lucky to have some extra time in which to make a last gasp effort and finally put one in the net. Without doubt TWU gave the 'Caps a run for their money. They should be quite competitive in the PCSL this season, where they play as Fraser Valley Action.

To inflame the debate a bit, I'll suggest the Caps performance against the VMSL all-stars left a lot to be desired. Sure the Caps won, but they have been practicing regularly whereas the VMSL team only had one practice and several players missed it. The Caps couln't score until after the VMSL coach made 7 subs at half time and the VMSL second string team was disorganized, and its second string goalie couldn't grab several high balls.

The VMSL players were motivated to show they are good players. The Caps should have been motivated as well since it was a training camp exhibition game.

The Opponents here are far more competitive because they play year round, and are coming off their seasons (like Richard mentioned) TWU will be Fraser Valley Action. The VMSL had no fewer than 4 former Whitecaps on the roster, and just came off their season.

The Whitecaps spent the second halves of all 3 games inserting new players to the lineup; in Victoria and TWU they really should have scored at least 2 goals early.

One thing I think we can all agree on....that pitch at TWU is absolutely immaculate. The whole set up there was very professional.

Archived