SNB signs 5 year lease at Moncton Sportsdome

argh1

Yes, I know no-one cares. But Soccer NB, is moving from Fredericton to Moncton into the new sportsdome. Located in the CN Sportplex which besides the new dome with it's 2 indoor field has 6 outdoor fields and 10 baseball fields and a 4 ice centre. This years U-15 boys and girls national club championships will be at the CN Sportplex.

Deadline for registration of teams in this years New Brunswick/Prince Edward Island Senior League is April 15.

quote:Originally posted by argh1

Yes, I know no-one cares. But Soccer NB, is moving from Fredericton to Moncton into the new sportsdome. Located in the CN Sportplex which besides the new dome with it's 2 indoor field has 6 outdoor fields and 10 baseball fields and a 4 ice centre. This years U-15 boys and girls national club championships will be at the CN Sportplex.

Deadline for registration of teams in this years New Brunswick/Prince Edward Island Senior League is April 15.

I heard somewhere that there will be an NB only senior league-

i don't know for sure though.

quote:Originally posted by aussoccerfan

I heard somewhere that there will be an NB only senior league-

i don't know for sure though.

Yeah, I've heard that too. Last year only Fundy United (Saint John) and Moncton First Touch chose the NB/PEI League with the rest chosing city/regional leagues. Maybe it's my wish for a 10-12 team Maritime League that keeps hoping for continuing the NB/PEI League. But I've heard rumours of an 8-10 team only NB league as well. We'll see after the 15th I guess. Too bad most of the NSSL teams are centred in Halifax it kinda kills the Maritime League dream. But Amherst and some other Cumberland County (NS) teams do play in the Codiac League.(Moncton/Southeast NB) And too only tick off some. Total population of the tri-county Southeast NB (Albert/Westmorland/Kent Counties) 200,000 including Cumberland County NS (Northern NS bordering Southeast NB) 235,000.......SORRY IF TOO MUCH INFO FOR SOME.

Yeah, I've heard that too. Last year only Fundy United (Saint John) and Moncton First Touch chose the NB/PEI League with the rest chosing city/regional leagues. Maybe it's my wish for a 10-12 team Maritime League that keeps hoping for continuing the NB/PEI League. But I've heard rumours of an 8-10 team only NB league as well. We'll see after the 15th I guess. Too bad most of the NSSL teams are centred in Halifax it kinda kills the Maritime League dream. But Amherst and some other Cumberland County (NS) teams do play in the Codiac League.(Moncton/Southeast NB) And too only tick off some. Total population of the tri-county Southeast NB (Albert/Westmorland/Kent Counties) 200,000 including Cumberland County NS (Northern NS bordering Southeast NB) 235,000.......SORRY IF TOO MUCH INFO FOR SOME.

Does the Codiac League have a website ? Who are the teams ?

Does the Codiac League have a website ? Who are the teams ?

No, no web site. But your usual suspects. Moncton, Riverview, Dieppe, Shediac, Hillsborough, Sackville, Salisbury, Peticodiac, Buctouche, Richibucto, Ste-Anne-de-Kent, Amherst, Springhill, Oxford places. Keep checking CanadaEast.com they post standings through-out the summer.

I hope that someday there will be a maritime league,

but it looks like it's more likely that there might be something like the CPSL Open Canada Cup for the maritimes someday.

Yeah a knock out Maritime Cup kinda competition would be amazing. Who needs a league if someone could get that goin'.

I can't start a league, but, How much do you think it would cost to start a maritime soccer league ?

quote:Originally posted by aussoccer

I can't start a league, but, How much do you think it would cost to start a maritime soccer league ?

HEY , brother maritime fan. I dunno, first we need local clubs that wanna participate and pay the cost of travel. We are also talking amateur only. Unfourtantly the Mariime Jr. A (hockey) League that started in 1967 is the only Maritime League in my 50+ years I've seen last. I do have a good feeling about soccer though coming to that point though within this or the next generation. If my city/regional area can have a league with 3 divisions indoor and outdoor plus elite teams. That a Maritime League will happen. As long as we stay away from (and not to piss anyone off) the Toronto ideals of it ain't big enuff it ain't good enuff.

Support your local team in the Maritimes because they need it and deserve it. We will never have teams that reach national attention level(a good portion of this country really believes we live on handouts and will never accept us as national partners. you and I won't change that). So give your money to your fav local club . And watch your fav pro team on TV .But local needs your ticket money so buy a ticket and don't give up if they aren't always winners

HEY , brother maritime fan. I dunno, first we need local clubs that wanna participate and pay the cost of travel. We are also talking amateur only. Unfourtantly the Mariime Jr. A (hockey) League that started in 1967 is the only Maritime League in my 50+ years I've seen last. I do have a good feeling about soccer though coming to that point though within this or the next generation. If my city/regional area can have a league with 3 divisions indoor and outdoor plus elite teams. That a Maritime League will happen. As long as we stay away from (and not to piss anyone off) the Toronto ideals of it ain't big enuff it ain't good enuff.

Support your local team in the Maritimes because they need it and deserve it. We will never have teams that reach national attention level(a good portion of this country really believes we live on handouts and will never accept us as national partners. you and I won't change that). So give your money to your fav local club . And watch your fav pro team on TV .But local needs your ticket money so buy a ticket and don't give up if they aren't always winners

I can't start a maritime league, but, why couldn't a maritime league begin and survive ? There are maritime leagues in other sports, (Hockey, Football, Lacrosse). I've also heard talk of an

Atlantic Semi-pro Hockey League for next season.

I can't start a maritime league, but, why couldn't a maritime league begin and survive ? There are maritime leagues in other sports, (Hockey, Football, Lacrosse). I've also heard talk of an

Atlantic Semi-pro Hockey League for next season.

Well I'm not one of the movers or shakers either. So we'll just have to wait and see.....but I am confident that at least you will see it in your life time.

EDIT: The only reason we have teams in the QMJHL is because the Q saw that the AHL was leaving and there was an opening for teams in rather larger arenas without tennants.

Can't start a maritime league- but-

Do you think these would be good places for teams in a maritime league ?

Halifax

Dartmouth

Sackville

Saint John

Fredericton

Moncton

Cape Breton (Sydney)

Kentville/Wolfville

Antigonish

Moncton

Hey they're all good places including:

Miramichi

Bathurst

Campbellton

Edmundston

Grand Falls

Woodstock

St.Stephen

Summerside

Charlottetown

We can name every city, town & village but until it happens who knows where that interest to develop a league will come from?

Well still no word on an NB only SENIOR league, but Aliant telephone company has been named as sponsor of the "Aliant New Brunswick League" from U-12 to U-18 and also of an "ALIANT 2005 ATLANTIC CUP" U-13 to U-16. U-13 boys & girls hosted by Newfoundland and Labrador, U-14 hosted by Nova Scotia & U-16 hosted by New Brunswick.

Schedule for U-16 Atlantic Cup in Moncton

Archived