Marco Reda update!

Aalborg-BK

Hey Canadian Soccer Fans.

My update of your nationalplayer Marco Reda:

November 2004:

16. Marco go on trail in a week.

December 2004:

13. Marco join the club on a 1 year contract with options for 2 more years.

January

3. Marco´s first training in Aalborg.

7. Marco give the supporterradio his first interview: http://www.aab-support-club.dk/HALFTIME/radioShowGuest.jsp?guest=Marco+Reda

9. Marco and Aalborg BK get nr.3 in a indoorcup.

12. Marco say no to the nationalteam, because Aalborg´s preseason is importent for him.

16. Marco and Aalborg BK go into the semifinales in a indoorcup in Aalborg.

February:

5. Marco and Aalborg BK won the first preseasonmatch over 1. divisionteam SønderjyskE with 2-0. Marco played a good game in all 90 minuts.

9. Marco played his first nationalgame in the 1-0 victory over Northen Ireland.

15. Marco and Aalborg BK won the second preseasonmatch over 2. divisionteam Jetsmark with 3-1. Marco played well in all 90 minuts.

22. Marco and Aalborg BK won the 3. preseasonmatch over slovakian nr.1 team Artmedia with 2-1. Marco played all 90 minuts.

24. Marco get injured and will be out for about 10 days.

March:

8. Marco get the last 40 minuts in the last preseasongame aganst Randers FC from the Superleague (best league). Aalborg BK won 2-1.

13. Aalborg BK get 1-1 away aganst Brondby in the first Superleaguegame. Marco sitting on the bench all the game.

19. Marco played all 90 minuts in the 3-1 victory over Silkeborg. And he do it well.

26. Marco and Canada lose 4-1 away aganst Portugal.

This was my first update from Aalborg, hope you like it:D

thanks....

can you tell us a bit about aalborg? it is in the north of jutland right? how big is the city? what is the city like? how big is the stadium? what is a typical crowd for league games. is Aalborg BK a bigger team? how does it typically finish in the league?

excuse my ignorance about danish football. i would like to know more about it. we very rarely hear news from that league. it is great to have you on the inside.

p.s. i went to university to study architecture in copenhagen for a year... it is an amazingly warm and friendly country. i loved every minute of it, and would live there again in a second. i am sure marco will love it too. lots of tuborg and so many beautiful women. what else do you need?

quote:Originally posted by trueviking

thanks....

can you tell us a bit about aalborg? it is in the north of jutland right? how big is the city? what is the city like? how big is the stadium? what is a typical crowd for league games. is Aalborg BK a bigger team? how does it typically finish in the league?

excuse my ignorance about danish football. i would like to know more about it. we very rarely hear news from that league. it is great to have you on the inside.

p.s. i went to university to study architecture in copenhagen for a year... it is an amazingly warm and friendly country. i loved every minute of it, and would live there again in a second. i am sure marco will love it too. lots of tuborg and so many beautiful women. what else do you need?

it is in the north of jutland right?

That´s right. And there are no other clubs in the north of jutland, so we have many fans.

how big is the city?

200.000 in the municipality. Almost 500.000 in the north of jutland.

what is the city like?

<<It s called the northen Paris, because we have all. I mean it is the <<best city in the world, but I come to Canada next year so we see <<what you have overthere:-).

<<how big is the stadium?

There can be 16.000 at the stadium. Picture here: http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium_pictures/europe/denmark/aalborg_stadion.shtml

<<what is a typical crowd for league games. is Aalborg BK a bigger <<team? how does it typically finish in the league?

Aalborg BK is one of the biggest clubs in Denmark. The get the danish championship in 1995 and 1999 and after 5 year ending 4-6, we get in the UEFA-Cup last year because we lose the cupfinal to the champions FC Copenhagen. Our ambision is to end 3-6 every year. 3-4 if it goes well. 5-6 if we get some problems.

I hope you will support Aalborg BK when you come to Denmark, because:

1. Brondby and FC Copenhagen are gloryhunters teams. They have succes now, but they have no tradision. Brondby is from 1864 and FC Copenhagen is from 1992. Aalborg BK is from 1885.

2. We have also our succes. UEFA Cup last year. Champions League 1995. Champions League 1999 3td-round, we almost beat Dynamo Kiev. - They won in overtid:-(. We have 36 European games. Well Brondby and FC Copenhagen have more but theys club is without tradisions and there fans is only succes-hunters. Aalborg BK supporters is supporters in the good and bad times.

3. In our club we also have a icehockeyteam who is the best in Denmark. Silver last season and silver or gold this season. We have a handballteam who is a topteam in Denmark. Handball is one of the biggest sports in Denmark, it´s a well game.

And there is many other reasons.

Yeah, Denmark is a friendly country, but he people in Copenhagen is crazy and in Copenhagen the crime is biggst. But well Copenhagen is still a well city. But the one and only is Aalborg.

We also have university in Aalborg, you´re welcome here!!

quote:Originally posted by Aalborg-BK

1. Brondby and FC Copenhagen are gloryhunters teams. They have succes now, but they have no tradision. Brondby is from 1864

Just a small comment. Brøndby is from 1964 and not 1864 ;)....

AaB is by the way from 1885, while AGF Aarhus of 1880(that De Rosario went on trial at)is the oldest top-flight club in Scandinavia...

quote:Originally posted by Ceres

Just a small comment. Brøndby is from 1964 and not 1864 ;)....

Sorry my fail

AaB is by the way from 1885, while AGF Aarhus of 1880(that De Rosario went on trial at)is the oldest top-flight club in Scandinavia...

Sorry my fail! - Brondby is from 1964 of course!

Thanks Ceres!

/Henrik, AaB-Netavis.dk (danish site, maybe a english site coming)

Archived