U18 Canada Dallas Cup Recap

Ricardo06

Dallas Cup Recap

Ottawa, Ontario – The Canadian Men’s Youth (U20) Development Team ended the 26th Annual Dallas Cup played in Dallas, Texas with three losses in the U-19 Super Group.

Canada was defeated 1-0 in their first match against Deportivo Saprissa of Costa Rica on Sunday, March 20, 2005.

In their second match played on Monday, March 21, 2005, they were defeated 6-0 by eventual tournament winner Clube Atletico Paranaense of Brazil.

Canada played to a scoreless draw against the Dallas Texans Red in their final match played on Wednesday, March 23rd.

Clube Atletico Paranaense defeated Santos Laguna 1-0 in the final played on Sunday, Mar 27, 2005.

For a detailed list of match scores at the Dallas Cup, please click class="morelink" target="_blank">here.

I have just recently talked to one of the U18 players who participated in the Dallas tour. He mentioned that the Quebec players were given preference, especially Di Sano who apparently is said to be one of the weaker players. As well, the team did not train for the last four days because they could not find a field. Another player criticized the coach for being disorganized and confusing.

That's simply pathetic and very ridiculous. We have a limited budget and limited time for youth development. When we spend over 50 grand per tour, the least we can could is organize a proper camp to squeeze as much development as possible. To waste is 4 days is inexcusable. Even looking at the roster, I can see that this not a top notch team with many starting players being left out. This camp was very discouraging and very damaging to the program's image.

I think the coach was Stephen Hart who did a good job with a younger team in Italy so I won,t make too much of a judgement because one of the players said the coach was disorganized.

No one knows who were the players in the teams they played and for how long those guys were playing together, so I don,t care about the results, the only thing that matter is experience gain by this kind of tournament and this one is a very good one.

Our youth program seems to be quite good at the moment, so I won,t complain until one of the U-20 or U-17 team get hammered in qualifying for a world cup.

Ricardo06: you should take a look at this site http://www.danonecup.com/countries/finalfr/coupe.html , and look at the kind of result Canada has get over the year in this U-12 tournament. 2004: 19th place, 2003: 18th place.

That's a shame that the CSA is spending money to send that team in Europe and freakin Reunion Island is getting better results than us. We should look at the program and make sure that kind of mistake never happen again. Those U-12 boys should be put in reformation camps when they get back in Canada and the CSA responsible should be judge by a civil court for dishonoring the country.

quote:Originally posted by loyola

I think the coach was Stephen Hart who did a good job with a younger team in Italy so I won,t make too much of a judgement because one of the players said the coach was disorganized.

No one knows who were the players in the teams they played and for how long those guys were playing together, so I don,t care about the results, the only thing that matter is experience gain by this kind of tournament and this one is a very good one.

Our youth program seems to be quite good at the moment, so I won,t complain until one of the U-20 or U-17 team get hammered in qualifying for a

world cup.

The coach for this team was Rudy Doliscat, Quebec NTC coach and former MNT player, not Stephen Hart.

I'll vouch for Stephen Hart: He is damned organized!! I watched the U17s in Victoria during qualification a few years ago--as did Ted and several others--and was very impressed with Hart. He is a professional and very well-organized. He is very much like Mitchell, though perhaps not as gifted. I wish Hart and our U17s the best as they near qualification time. With some good bounces, we may just qualify this year.

quote:Originally posted by loyola

Ricardo06: you should take a look at this site http://www.danonecup.com/countries/finalfr/coupe.html , and look at the kind of result Canada has get over the year in this U-12 tournament. 2004: 19th place, 2003: 18th place.

That's a shame that the CSA is spending money to send that team in Europe and freakin Reunion Island is getting better results than us. We should look at the program and make sure that kind of mistake never happen again. Those U-12 boys should be put in reformation camps when they get back in Canada and the CSA responsible should be judge by a civil court for dishonoring the country.

I had a look at these results. Yes we came 18-19th. But did you look at the countries we finished ahead of in the field of 32? Looks like we came middle of the pack vs. all the top countries in the world. One of those years, the USA came 32 out of 32!

U12 boys dishonouring their country? Give your head a shake.

quote:Originally posted by Ivan

I had a look at these results. Yes we came 18-19th. But did you look at the countries we finished ahead of in the field of 32? Looks like we came middle of the pack vs. all the top countries in the world. One of those years, the USA came 32 out of 32!

U12 boys dishonouring their country? Give your head a shake.

I was sarcastic, my first post in this thread is very contrasting with this one. I'm tired with people complaining about a youth team performance in tournament other than the qualifying process.

I should of put an;), sorry.

My apologies to you for the misread Loyola. I was surprised when I read your post at first because it is not your usual style.

I too am disheartened (and probably too sensitive) at the constant criticism. "Damned if you do, damned if you don't."

Maybe Doliscat was disorganized. However, how do we bleed coaches at this level if we don't give them a chance?

Maybe DiSano did play too long. But my impression was this kid is in the Perugia system, doing well, and the CSA wanted to have a look at him. I do not think they should be faulted for having a look in a meaningless tournament IMHO.

No worries Ivan.

To me this team look like a B team for 2007, and I think that's very positive that we can afford that to see as many players as we can for the 2007 WYC. At this age players are changing very quickly so it's good to have a large pool of players because #50 can become #10 in the space of 6 months.

I don,t know anything about Doliscat coaching competence or if he knew or had the chance to see most of those players before but give the man a chance......with these tournaments we should expect or players and or coaches to gain some valuable experience.

Archived