Fox Soccer Channel in Canada...or something else?

Loud Mouth Soup

I noticed something very interesting the other day.

I recently switched from Rogers Digital to the new version of Bell Expressvu For Condos. Simply Expressvu but through the phones lines, new on-screen interface, yadda, yadda....but I digress.

There's an unused channel in my line-up right now known on-screen as 'SOCR'. So I opened the info page and the channel is simply called 'Soccer'.

Anyone know what this might be? I'm quite curious...

quote:Originally posted by Loud Mouth Soup

I recently switched from Rogers Digital to the new version of Bell Expressvu For Condos. Simply Expressvu but through the phones lines, new on-screen interface, yadda, yadda....but I digress.

I have been contemplating this same switch for a couple of days since I went to one of their info sessions. Pricewise, the looks package is attractive and maybe better than Rogers. But I have a hard time guaging what I am going to miss by switching over.

How would you rate this so far?

quote:I have been contemplating this same switch for a couple of days since I went to one of their info sessions. Pricewise, the looks package is attractive and maybe better than Rogers. But I have a hard time guaging what I am going to miss by switching over.

How would you rate this so far?

The only problem I've had so far is figuring out what channel is where. Years of using Rogers got me used to the standard line-up.

Quality is much better, since Rogers was not totally digital. Even the volume is noticably louder and clearer. I got it to save money, but I had a Rogers package that wasn't publicly advertised so I had almost every standard digital channel in one package. Still, I'm liking this one better. You don't need extras boxes for other TVs (Mrs. Soup loves this) so you can watch different channels on different TVs from the digital service. I also have my modem now connected through the same box, and Bell will be taking back the USB modem I was using before.

I've been pretty happy with it so far and recommend it over the old Rogers service I had.

quote:Originally posted by Loud Mouth Soup

The only problem I've had so far is figuring out what channel is where. Years of using Rogers got me used to the standard line-up.

Rogers is now completely changing their digital lineup, so you'd have to get used to a change either way.

quote:Quality is much better, since Rogers was not totally digital.
Rogers is now totally digital.

quote:I had a Rogers package that wasn't publicly advertised so I had almost every standard digital channel in one package.
Similarly with me. I got a great package that was available for only a short period of time. I can't get the same services anywhere else for the same money.

quote:You don't need extras boxes for other TVs (Mrs. Soup loves this) so you can watch different channels on different TVs from the digital service.
That must be with your condo version only. Regular ExpressVu through a dish requires separate boxes for each TV, just like Rogers.

I keep getting into this Rogers vs. Bell debate with so many people. Some hate Rogers and think Bell is the best, others hate Bell and think Rogers is the best. As I keep telling them, one is not inherently better than the other. I've heard both good and bad stories on both sides. It all depends on your personal experience, which includes which package you sign up for and, in the case of Internet service, where you live (in some areas Rogers sucks but in other areas Bell sucks).

quote:Originally posted by canso

I just got digital cable and so far I am bored. FXSW sucks. Somebody wake me when the Soccer Channel comes to Canada.

FSC won't be coming to Canada. FSC is just a re-branding of FSW.

This season has been especially bad for FSWC. I think the biggest problem is their decision to pick up Serie A and repeat the four weekly matches ad nauseum. I have a feeling they won't be doing that next season. At least I hope not. And this is coming from someone who watches Serie A first and foremost.

However, apparently FSWC has applied to the CRTC to expand their non-soccer coverage.

Archived