Good interview with Yallop.....

Winnipeg Fury

quote:Originally posted by FC Beast

Sutton..............? Why not just put Onstad back in the goal.:(

Because he is retired Silly! But I can see why you'd have problems with this line-up. 5 forwards and no Corrazin? Puhleeze [V].

Please all, you can edit inside the quote to leave just what you want. As in the above example. Leaving the rest in, unless it is relevant, is just spamming IMO.

quote:Originally posted by Gordon

Because he is retired Silly! But I can see why you'd have problems with this line-up. 5 forwards and no Corrazin? Puhleeze [V].

Damn, why didn't I think of Corrazin? Beast, your thoughts? Perhaps start 6 up front, with Corrazin acting like the "Striker General"? We could call this set-up the "Canadian Blitzkrieg" or the "Beastly Blitzkrieg."

quote:Originally posted by kelownaguy

youllneverwalkalone - believe me , if Jon Deguzman wanted to be capped by Canada he would already have been playing for us by now. I'm quite sure Mitchell and Yallop would have already been in contact with him but it's been brought up on this board many times including an interview with Julian Deguzman that Jon wants to worry about his club future first and foremost for the next couple years and then possibly commit his international future to Canada or Holland down the road. If he also wanted to commit now to Canada you'd probably see him play for us in the U20 World Cup in Holland but that doesn't seem to be the case at all as we haven't heard anything about him yet

The question was who should be on the list to replace Radzinski. Still, that club football excuse is very weak if used to refuse a GC call. In this case, I think Yallop should call him and put the ball in his court to refuse. He made this info public with Tam, might as well be consistent. The GC is our continental competition, featuring two of the world's best clubs. If Jr. refuses an opportunity to play in Canada v. USA at Seahawk, take his name off the list and move on. I'm sure Rob Friend would love to retake his place in the Beaver's formation.

quote:Originally posted by The Beaver

Damn, why didn't I think of Corrazin? Beast, your thoughts? Perhaps start 6 up front, with Corrazin acting like the "Striker General"? We could call this set-up the "Canadian Blitzkrieg" or the "Beastly Blitzkrieg."

That wasn't even my quote Beav. But since you asked....We don't

even have 2 quailty strikers to play up front not to mention 6,

as i said earlier we need to play "Italian football" keep the game

close, get a goal and sit on it. It may not be pretty to watch,

like most Italian games , but it is successful and thats what this,

program needs.

That wasn't even my quote Beav. But since you asked....We don't

even have 2 quailty strikers to play up front not to mention 6,

as i said earlier we need to play "Italian football" keep the game

close, get a goal and sit on it. It may not be pretty to watch,

like most Italian games , but it is successful and thats what this,

program needs.

Well an Italian coach would be better then the one we have now. The

kit needs work, go to an all black home jersey with a red maple leaf

as a crest, red shorts, black socks. Away kit would be solid green,

with red maple leaf crest, red shorts, and green socks. At least

we would stand out well on the telly.

lol

Any chance that we are dealing with an idiot-savant here? Maybe The Beast IS a soccer genius who simply cannot spell very well, or carve out an intelligible sentence, or articulate a rational argument. I heard Eintstein sucked when it came to English writing skills.

SoccerBeast = The Einstein of Canadian Soccer

sutton should be number one hands down he is taller and is more sharper than lars and i disagree with franks decison not to start radzinski if portugal can start full force why couldnt we? ocean is still young but lets face it we are trying to move up in the rankings and make a name for ourselves so that wasnt the time to start horsing around neither the time to put lars in nets i mean im sure everyone feels the same when i say man did he ever suck against portugal we should of lost 2-1 or tied 1-1 max

Hmm Beast. A green away kit and reverting back to Holger ball (we call long ball and a 9 man defense Italian football do we?) nice. Canada's style of play against Portugal was flawed? Well let's not forget this is Portugal, runners up in the Euro Cup, still in WCQ, playing in front of a home crowd. I've never seen Canada move the ball as well, dribble as well, control the midfield as well, or entertain as well as they did in that game. On the heels of that terrible match with Northern Ireland they also looked very comfortable together. Yes we lost, but I think Yallop is taking them in the right direction, or maybe the team is just taking itself there.

quote:Originally posted by Soju

Hmm Beast. A green away kit and reverting back to Holger ball (we call long ball and a 9 man defense Italian football do we?) nice. Canada's style of play against Portugal was flawed? Well let's not forget this is Portugal, runners up in the Euro Cup, still in WCQ, playing in front of a home crowd. I've never seen Canada move the ball as well, dribble as well, control the midfield as well, or entertain as well as they did in that game. On the heels of that terrible match with Northern Ireland they also looked very comfortable together. Yes we lost, but I think Yallop is taking them in the right direction, or maybe the team is just taking itself there.

Soju, the way the program is right now, we shouldn't even be playing the likes of Portugal. We should be playing teams at our level like Belize,Cuba, etc. Yallop is taking the team in a direction,

the only problem is that directiopn is headed straight down. The Gold Cup coming up will be a quit exit so lets get the youngers players in,

and let the vet's have a break, cause the next meaningful tournament, for the national side will be the 2007 Gold Cup in two years time.[

[

Soju, the way the program is right now, we shouldn't even be playing the likes of Portugal. We should be playing teams at our level like Belize,Cuba, etc. Yallop is taking the team in a direction,

the only problem is that directiopn is headed straight down. The Gold Cup coming up will be a quit exit so lets get the youngers players in,

and let the vet's have a break, cause the next meaningful tournament, for the national side will be the 2007 Gold Cup in two years time.[

how pathetic. Think with your head, not your ass

quote:Originally posted by way2goeh

[

how pathetic. Think with your head, not your ass

You think we're better than Belize and Cuba? Remember we could only

put 8 goals past Belize, a country like Mexico would have scord 10 in one leg alone.

You think we're better than Belize</u> and Cuba? Remember we could only

put 8 goals past Belize</u>...

And you wonder why nobody takes you seriously? Does the FC stand for Foolish Child? Applying this logic, Canada is as good as Portugal because they could only put four past us. Hmmnn, I guess we don't need to debate how we can get to the top thirty since we are already well past that according to your reasoning? Hey maybe you really are a true fan of Canadian Soccer, but perhaps a bit deluded if you really believe we are as good as Portugal! Actually, now that I work through your clever logic it is clear that Belize is as good as Portugal, which seems a bit of stretch if you ask me, but I guess you are allowed your opinions.

Gordon, apparently the Beast is not some kid like we'd always assumed. He claims to be well into his forties, and contrary to my clever deductions, does NOT in fact work as an analyst for TD Waterhouse. Go figure.

don't be fooled by his inane arguments and very poor writing skills: The Beast is an adult. An adult who thinks that Belize is as good as Portugal, but an adult all the same.

;)

Gordon, apparently the Beast is not some kid like we'd always assumed. He claims to be well into his forties, and contrary to my clever deductions, does NOT in fact work as an analyst for TD Waterhouse. Go figure.

don't be fooled by his inane arguments and very poor writing skills: The Beast is an adult. An adult who thinks that Belize is as good as Portugal, but an adult all the same.

;)

Now you're making things up, but from you thats not surprising. I have never claimed that Belize is as good as Portugal. Where did i

ever write that? All i said was Canada is about at the same level football wise as Belize and Cuba,(don't debate this you can't win,

we are that poor).[:P] PS It was Gordon that said Belize was as good as Portugal, I can understand you being confused you are a westerner

after all[}:)]

Now you're making things up, but from you thats not surprising. I have never claimed that Belize is as good as Portugal. Where did i

ever write that? All i said was Canada is about at the same level football wise as Belize and Cuba,(don't debate this you can't win,

we are that poor).[:P] PS It was Gordon that said Belize was as good as Portugal, I can understand you being confused you are a westerner

after all[}:)]

Follow your own logic Beast. If Canada beating Belize 4-0 at home twice means that we are the same level as Belize - which is a contention you have made a number of times - then Canada losing 4-1 away to Portugal necessarily means that Canada is at the same level as Portugal. Its actually a better result than Belize achieved against Canada. And if Belize=Canada and Canada=Portugal, then Belize =Portugal.

I'll repeat:

Losing 4-1 away is a better performance than losing 4-0 away, and if 4-0 away means the teams are at the same level, again, a contnetion you have made repeatedly, then 4-1 away also must mean the the temas are at least equal because it is a better performance than losing 4-0 away. Gettin' it here beast? Logic dictates that if you are not simply trolling (as you insist is the case), then your statement that Canada and Belize (4-0) are on the same level means that you must necessarily believe that Canada and Portugal (1-4) are on the same level and basic grade 8 algebra states that if A=B, and B=C, then A=C. So, you either have to admit that 1) you believe that Portugal and Belize on are on the same level, or 2) that you are trolling, or 3) that you are a muffinhead who can't figure out that a 4-0 win isn't the same as a tie or a close road loss. There are no other options. You can decide which one is the more accurate representation of your thinking and report back to us.

Just thought I would expedite the posting process by providing a universal post available to Beast and assorted aliases (too numerous to mention). This is licenced under the GPL for open source availability.

Frank Yallop sux

Tomasz Radzinski sux

A-League sux but MLS in TO is apparently good

Alberta soccer sux and also include Vancouver (BigSoccer)

Word wrapping sux

Celtic apparently is good

Proper use of quoting mechanism sux

Preventative mental health care sux and finally

Sockpuppets are a good thing

Feel free to copy and paste at will. :)

Frank Yallop sux

Tomasz Radzinski sux

A-League sux but MLS in TO is apparently good

Alberta soccer sux and also include Vancouver (BigSoccer)

Word wrapping sux

Celtic apparently is good

Proper use of quoting mechanism sux

Preventative mental health care sux and finally

Sockpuppets are a good thing

Westerners suck (because they are easily confused)

Grammar, proper spelling and syntax sux

Archived