Toronto Lynx new signing: Carl Fletcher

I am so happy that Carl is back in the city, hes going to help the team alot and bring stability to our backline which was crap last year.

Arango, Joe, Titus, Flecher.

its beginning to look alot like christmas at the lynx headquarters :)

Big ups to Dick Howard!

It now starts to sounds like a decent team for 2005. I can see them making the playoff given that the USL have eliminated the two conference format. Does anyone know how they determine who makes the playoffs under the current one division format given that we now have a balance schedule?. I checked the USL site but it looks like it was never updated from last year because it still states that you must finish in the top 4 in each of the two conferences.

From what I recall and saw of the interconferance games from last year, I would be quite confident in predicting that the Lynx will qualify for the playeoffs this year if a similar number of teams are allowed in. The clubs in the western conferance did not look very strong in their matchup versus eastern conference squads last year and maybe even in prior years.

quote:Originally posted by Free kick

It now starts to sounds like a decent team for 2005. I can see them making the playoff given that the USL have eliminated the two conference format. Does anyone know how they determine who makes the playoffs under the current one division format given that we now have a balance schedule?. I checked the USL site but it looks like it was never updated from last year because it still states that you must finish in the top 4 in each of the two conferences.

From what I recall and saw of the interconferance games from last year, I would be quite confident in predicting that the Lynx will qualify for the playeoffs this year if a similar number of teams are allowed in. The clubs in the western conferance did not look very strong in their matchup versus eastern conference squads last year and maybe even in prior years.

I can't find the link now, but I remember seeing somewhere that this year the top 6 will make the playoffs. Top 2 get byes. 2 game series until the 1 game final.

I remember something about when they reach their 16 team limit, then it will be expanded to 8 teams.

Archived