Vote for heaven's sake! (Re: 2007 host cities)

quote:Originally posted by Calgary Boomer

Start voting, and send the site to as many people as you know...

https://www.canadiansoccer-secure.com/contest/Register.jsp

C'mon...get to it!

I tried voting yesterday and received a thank you email from the Vancouver Whitecaps thanking me for supporting the Vancouver bid.

Only problem was I voted for the Victoria bid.:(

No response yet to my complaint to the CSA webmaster.:(

I voted for Montreal because our lame mayor in Winnipeg

has no indication to support anything worthwhile (LRT, rapid

transit, soccer stadium) other than his minor-league baseball team.

His sentiment was that if Winnipeg could not get marquee-level

teams there's no reason to support the local bid. Not a brilliant

move.[}:)]

quote:Originally posted by Bxl Boy

Great way for the CSA to build a database free...

"Unique online experience" they say...

Are you kidding ???

Yes I hear you. That thought did cross my mind as I was filling out the form. Kept thinking, here comes the spam. Meaning that, when the the 2007 event rolls around, they know who to target for adverstizing and the sale of tickets. Cleaver idea. But why don't they think agressively (with these schemes) to promote the MNT's for WCQ and so forth. Maybe they don't care as much unless their butts are on the line as it is when you have to actually host an event.

quote:Originally posted by Bxl Boy

Great way for the CSA to build a database free...

"Unique online experience" they say...

Are you kidding ???

Yeah, here's something that gives it away: why do they put Toronto and Edmonton on the list when those two cities are already decided???

Another thing: good Internet practice is to not give personal information if you disagree with the privacy policy, but here there is no such policy. While I doubt they'd do so, nothing is stopping them from selling your information.

quote:Originally posted by DJT

Another thing: good Internet practice is to not give personal information if you disagree with the privacy policy, but here there is no such policy. While I doubt they'd do so, nothing is stopping them from selling your information.

Come on...this is the CSA we are talking about. We all know they arent that smart:D.

Vote for Hamilton

If I'm ever worried about privacy I use my cat's name. Sooner or later I'm gonna get a credit card application for her and She'll be old enough to vote in the next election!

If you didn't vote Vancouver, you haven't been paying attention to the Canadian soccer scene for the last 20 years...

Archived