Can/Port Match on in Edmonton- Saturday

beachesl

Greg, manager at the Elephant and Castle on Whyte Avenue (10314-82 Ave) has told me he will have the Canada-Portugal Match on live (he has confirmed his ability to get it on the DishNetwork/RTPI) on Saturday at 1:30 pm (not absolutely sure, but the time difference is currently seven hours, and DST starts there on Sunday am, it is scheduled for 8:30 pm in Barcelos and there is currently 7 hours difference from Mountain time). It will probably be upstairs, as the bigger screen downstairs is expected to be filled up for the Holland/Romania match starting at 11:00 am. Hope to see some of the local V's there:).

Greg has asked me to pass on that he will also be showing the England/NIre match at 8 am downstairs and the Sweden/Bulgaria match upstairs at 8:30 am. He may also have some of the South American and CONCACAF matches on later in the afternoon, as well as extra Euro matches on on the second upstairs screen.

An alternative may be the Club Desportivo Portugues at 11302-95 Street, NE of downtown. The owner there said he would know by Wednesday whether he'll be able to get the match. If you go there, you have to bow whenever Cristiano Ronaldo gets the ball, he is the second coming there.:D

If I can convince the new girlfriend to go, I'm there. I kind of owe her a couple of saturdays to do what she wants, but I figure, what's another one?

By the way, saturday night, my soccer team will be having a party at Stolli's (same block as E&C, but closer to 104st). Everyone is invited and it's your choice to pay $5 at the door to Stolli's or a small donation (up to$5) to the team and it'll get you drink specials until 11pm.

New website too, if you're bored and want to check it out...

www.eteamz.com/cascadiamorningfc

Any chance anyone can tape this game so I can get a copy later on for viewing regarless of the result. Pleaseeeee. Last time I never got a tape as I was redirected to other voyageurs and then never heard any more (don't call me, I will call you type of thing). I will pay for the cost of the tape and shipping.

Archived