Peters Plays for Ipswich Reserves

Phil_Ipswich

Glad the photo is popular, it was a complete fluke to get him and the tractor so placed! Contrary to the above, the game was a reserve match but not an FA Premier Reserve League (South) game. Fans were welcome but the club didn't charge for entry. The friendly was arranged because so many league games have been called off due to the weather lately and Town wanted the fringe players to get some match practice.

Peters can't play in proper games until next season even though he'll officially sign in May. The transfer deadline for the Championship is at the end of March (the Championship is not subject to the transfer window until next season).

Phil

Sean

I don't think he will be able to play this season as the deadline applies to all registrations not just transfers.

However, the Football League's rules don't rule out registrations 100%but I suspect leeway is only available in the case of severe injury or illness crises: “After 5.00pm on the fourth Thursday in March in each Season registrations and transfers of registrations may, except as permitted in Regulation 37.5 [relates to emergency loaning of goalkeepers], be declined or will only be approved subject to such limitations and restrictions as the Board may determine and if so determined the Player shall only be eligible to play in the League Matches for which permission is granted by the Board.”

In any case, Peters turns 18 on May 4th and there's only one league match after that, Town are away at Brighton on May 8th. Ipswich supporters are very much looking forward to seeing a player we have heard so much about in action.

Phil

You could be correct, im not sure. But it had looked like fellow canadian dwyane derosarrio had 2 possible contract offers after the deadline with man city and blackburn. Which made me believe that a free transfer or a signing could occur durring this time slot.

But who knows, lets hope that he can play :)

quote:Originally posted by bettermirror

dwayne could have played as he was a free agent who had played more than 75% of his countries matches over two years. peters has work permit/age issues that keep him from playing until 18. i imagine ipswich's final game will be moot (sp?) and peters will play.

But our low standings put Dero out of contention for THAT work permit, did they not?

Archived