Milan Baros wants to avoid Cheslea and Lyon

argh1

Calling Lyon a dangerous club, Baros claims he'd rather face an Italian team in the next round of the CL. Well Chelsea is a no brainer avoid them 'till the end Liverpool, after losing in the League Cup to Chelsea and the record in EPL favours Chelsea. But avoiding Lyon? Dangerous yes, but the biggest names are Wiltord, Eissen & Juninho. Do I really have to mention the names of AC Milan, Juventas, or possibly Inter. But then again a good team beats good players. I just don't remember anyone wanting to avoid a French side before. Mind you Lyon have had a good run this competition and the speed of the Lyon side is truly amazing.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Remember 2004 (CL & Euro)... Big names are only PART of the equation.

You're absolutely right. I think the sleepers in this competition are Lyon & Bayern Munich. Bayern does have the big names too Ballack,Mackaay, and Kahn come quickly to mind. Ooops I forgot Frings. I don't think there's a team in the world that wouldn't want to feature Ballack & Frings in their midfield.

It's just the emergence of French teams over the last few years is taking a while to get used to, we never really took them very seriously before. (or maybe I never noticed)

Common! Lyon are a much much better team than Juve and Inter. Look what they've accomplished over the past 4 seasons. Not to mention, Lyon have been much more dominant in the Champions League this season. They've scored 27 goals - more than Inter and Juve combined.

quote:Originally posted by bettermirror

speaking of lyon. alex ferguson looks to sign Essien for 10 million pounds this summer to replace Keane - and a great signing it would be. kleberson will surely be offloaded at this point - and good for it. i prefer miller who can barely get a sniff and deserves more.

Well he is under contract with Lyon 'till 2008, but that may mean nothing. L'OL have also opened contract extension talks with Essien & Juninho.

The way he's been playing maybe 10 mil could turn into much more!

Archived