Lynx sign Sean Fraser (ex Edmonton/Calgary)

TORONTO LYNX MEDIA RELEASE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

LYNX LAND YOUNG CANADIAN!

Thursday, March 10, 2005 (TORONTO, ON) - The Toronto Lynx added some pace to their 2005 roster today announcing the signing of Canadian midfielder, Sean Fraser. Fraser, an Edmonton native, spent the 2004 season with Edmonton FC of the A-League, where he scored 4 goals and tallied 2 assists for 10 points. The speedy midfielder also scored a goal and added 3 assists, appearing in all 28 games for Team Calgary in 2003. Fraser is the first new signing for the Lynx in 2005 and was hand-picked by new Lynx coach, Hubert Busby Jr. to start the new era in Lynx soccer.

"Sean is a very exciting young player and a great addition to our squad," said Busby. "I believe that the Toronto supporters will take to Sean immediately. Sean will add to our attacking philosophy of play."

Before beginning his pro career, Fraser was a standout striker for the University of Memphis where he led Conference USA in goals (16) and points (41) in earning All-Conference honours in 2000. The 24-year-old also has international experience having competed with the Canadian National U-23 team during the 2000 Francophone Games and the U-20 national team during U-20 World Cup qualifying.

"Having been with the USL First Division for two years and playing against Toronto, I know that they are a team with a strong foundation that I would like to be a part of," explained Fraser. "The Lynx are a well known club with a winning organization and mentality. I know they have high goals for the upcoming season and I will do my best to help them achieve these. I am looking forward to being a part of the Lynx organization."

Media is advised that due to the current weather conditions in Toronto, the Lynx have cancelled the inter-squad scrimmage originally planned for Saturday march 12th at the Icelands Soccer Complex. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Sean Fraser and his team mates kick off the 2005 season on Sunday May 15th at Centennial Park Stadium when they take on the defending champion Montreal Impact at 4:00. Ticket info at www.lynxsoccer.com.

-30-

FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT:

DAVE NUTT -- MEDIA & PUBLIC RELATIONS, TORONTO LYNX SOCCER CLUB

416-251-4625 ext. 25

Good pickup. He'll fill in nicely for the Europe-bound Charles Gbeke. The list him as a midfielder, but I think he's got the attacking sense to play forward if needed.

Winning organization? well, I guess when compared to Calgary and Edmonton...... :P

From TorontoUltras.net

Lynx Re-sign Gerba, Add Fraser

Posted By ryankeay on Thursday, March 10 2005

The Toronto Lynx made their first signings for the upcoming 2005 season by signing star striker Ali Gerba and former Edmonton Aviator Sean Fraser.

Gerba has spent most of the last three seasons with the Toronto Lynx leading the club in scoring in the last two seasons. Gerba was also a second team A-League all-star in the 2004 season. Ali has been an integral part of recent Lynx teams and is a welcome signing.

Sean Fraser had a rude introduction to the A-League last season with the expansion Edmonton Aviators. Playing in both attacking midfield and striker roles, Fraser led the club in scoring with a paltry four goals. The player has also had a strong NCAA career behind him, turning a few heads in the process. Fraser is known for his incredible quickness and skill with the ball. The Lynx will be hopeful that with a stronger squad around him that Fraser will be able to be a major contributor to the team for the 2005 season.

quote:Originally posted by jordan

I have been told Robin Hart and Kwame Telemaque are trying out for Toronto.

Former Algonquin Thunder player Huffman is trying out to.

I spoke with Kwame a couple of weeks back, and he said he wouldn't want to move back out east. He might have changed his mind, but that would be news to me. Regardless, both guys (Robin and Kwame) are quality (and Canadian) and would definetly be good additions to the Lynx.

P

Guest Soccrman
quote:Originally posted by Calgary Boomer

Ali and Sean are great signings, and give Lynx fans some hope. They'll be good on the counter. I hope they sign Tyler Hughes back; he's a solid player.

Fraser was excellent for Edmonton last year. Will Vignjevic wind up with the Lynx again?

quote:Originally posted by Calgary Boomer

Ali and Sean are great signings, and give Lynx fans some hope. They'll be good on the counter. I hope they sign Tyler Hughes back; he's a solid player. </u>

Fraser was excellent for Edmonton last year. Will Vignjevic wind up with the Lynx again?

Did he not sign with a team in Sweden?

Archived