Radz

stacks

The only reason Radz wants to play for Canada now is to secure a retirement coaching job when he's done professional soccer.

He has never given a 100 percent for Canada, no matter which coach was in charge, lenarduzzi, holger, and Yallop. He has always put Club before National.

Radz has only scored 7 times for Canada, 2 in one game vs Switzerland, Mckenna has 7 goals now and he's only 25.

So Go fly first class to Belgium and start your coaching career!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by stacks

The only reason Radz wants to play for Canada now is to secure a retirement coaching job when he's done professional soccer.

He has never given a 100 percent for Canada, no matter which coach was in charge, lenarduzzi, holger, and Yallop. He has always put Club before National.

Radz has only scored 7 times for Canada, 2 in one game vs Switzerland, Mckenna has 7 goals now and he's only 25.

So Go fly first class to Belgium and start your coaching career!

I see your concern, however, a player of Radzinski's ability has to be considered.

And why shouldn't he worry about club before country. I don't see you complaining that Hume may miss the Portugal game because of a promotion race, or that de Guzman will miss the Gold Cup to focus on his new club.

Bottom line is the club is his career, so he should focus on it. They all should. We want them to play for Canada. Don't forget that he has committed to the program, and is a top flight striker.

Are you kidding me. How good is our midfield service? How can you judge a player as good as radz when our nats mid is almost non-existant. The problem is not radz but our creativity in our mid. And club service pays bills and secures spots. Radz is first class but you guys just take a piss out of him because you favour other players over him even thou he is the better choice up top.

Radz gave 200% in the Honduras game in Edmonton, he was running everywhere trying to create something. And I have to agree with the fact that the lack of creativity in our midfield doesn't help Radz. No one can do all by themselve.

i dont blame radz for his half hearted commitment...the csa is a mickey mouse organization that doesnt treat its players with the respect that they deserve....canada is ranked with the minnows of the world....and when he does show up, he gets mid-field service from a-league players. he is big league....imagine if steve yzerman had to play his international hockey on the british national team...i suspect his performance and commitment would be similar.

What I'd really like to know is what role have Yallop--maybe even Mitchell--played in encouraging Radz to consider coaching in Canada or for Canada? Perhaps it was all his own decision, but I get the impression Yallop's had some influence here.

Honestly, if Radz can learn how to coach, he would have tonnes to offer young Canadians. And if he wants to play verus Protugal, all the power to him. I say play him on the right flank in mid, let DD and Occean play up front. We need his pace, and this young team could learn a lot from his hard work, his excellent running off the ball etc. Why **** on a guy when he's stated very clearly he wants to play a role in the future of Canadian football? stacks, you're generally more generous than that. (or have i got you confused with somebody else?)

I am not doubting Radz skill and talent, he looks a class above Dero, Ocean, and the rest of them.

And yes service was poor to him in the qualfiers.

I am doubting his commitment over the years to the MNT as its always been flip a coin if he shows up or not.

Let the young guys play, will he be around next world cup qualifier, NO, well maybe for the Whitecaps.

encouraging Radz to consider coaching in Canada

What is happening here is Yallop trying to surround himself with nodding yes men who are not as smart as he is -Watson, DOHnstad, Radzinski- nice guys, but, you know...

Yallop has insecurities that are affecting his decision-making ability. His fear of player power led him to change captains and shun Brennan, Bircham, Aguiar and now Stalteri. His fear of confrontation, stemming from his lack of height most likely, means that he will continue to dodge any media event where he might be asked to explain why he does what he does and continue to take a passive-aggressive stance against the world. His insecurity about his intellect means that he cannot suffer to have people around who might disagree with him.

Are we just going to wait till he asks Mitchell to resign and replaces him with Radz, suspends Iain Hume from the team for having a bad haircut, tells Attiba to play in goal, gives DeRo the hardhat...

The revolution will not be televised.

I don't know why I'm weighing into this, I usually stay away from commenting on individual players unless I see them have a good game or make a great move......but.......

Thomasz (if I may use his first name) has answered the call from Canada 26 times. He has lasted in one of top Leagues in the world. He has never made it to the Henry level of forward.

If from time to time he had to put club ahead country that's okay with me. We all have to pay the mortgage. It seems to me most of the times he chose club was for good reasons, returning from injury and having to secure his place in the line-up for example.

Instead of Bitchin' 'bout the times he didn't show up......THANK him for the 26 times he did.

I could see flaming Radz if he hadn't shown up for the qualifiers but he did and he did what he could for the national team. He aint Jason DeVos but he aint Owen "The Traitor" Hargreaves either. Stacks if Aguiar got back in the mix now (not that it'd happen) would you trash him too or is the Radz hating personal?

quote:Originally posted by canso

He aint Jason DeVos

He shore aint!

I know who I would rather have coaching the next generation.

Canso, why do you seem to have such a hate-on for Yallop? I get the impression that you and he have some sort of history? I can understatnd your being upset at our not qualifying (and that Yallop must take a portion of the blame for that), but I cannot quite understand why you jump to the worst possible conclusions with anything that happens Yallop-wise. Are you just baiting us? Or do you have strong evidence to support your assessments? I am not being rhetorical here. I want to know if you actually know something that we don't.

Archived