Juve-Parma-Triestina have their eys on Uccello

Alberto

In the national paper Corriere Dello Sport March 2nd 2005 editon source in this article is indicating that there are three players are being watch closley by these clubs. These players are and their current clubs in Serie D --- Burilo -Striker-of- (Sacilese)with one goal in divison "C" Uccello (italo canadese) striker of (Savona) 13 goals in the divison (a) and Mendy of (French) midfielder of Crevalcore in divison (d)who has no goals. The list of players inculding 57 others in Serie d are also posted.

Geeze would it not be nice if the first canadian to make a serie A team be with Juve or Parma for that matter what a start for a hard working kid, if that was ever to materilize. I wish that Milan keeps him on their squad of 22 for next year being a rossonero fan.

Ciao Alberto!

One can argue that the First Canadian Born player to make a Seria Team would be Sandro Grande from Saint-Leonard, Quebec

RJB......for you buddy ...in case you forgot

Posted - 02/17/2005 : 21:41:42

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1)Ian hume has premiership written all over him

What are you basing this on? When was the last time you saw him play?

quote:

2)Attiba the "Hut" had soem rumblings in 2004

Yes, but it's 2005 now. I've heard the rumours too, but they are to Russia. Hardly a big move for him.

quote:

3)Greg Sutton "Nat" playing time will give him more exposure

Possibly, but he's committed to playing 05 with the Impact.

quote:

4)Tam Nsaliwa too much talent for German obscurity

This is arguable. After all, Mr. Yallop hasn't exactly said this much.

quote:

5)Julian Ucello Milan has to take notice

Take notice of what exactly?

quote:

6)Rocco Placentino has Seria "B" written all over him

Again, what are you basing this on?

quote:

7)Ali Ngon/Gerba all he needs is a chance, i/e trial

That seems to be the story of Canadian soccer players lives...

quote:

8)Olivier Ocean perfect for the French first devision

Seems to me, he's doing quite well where he is at the moment.

quote:

9)Rob Friend move the English division one maybe with my club Bradford City Bantams

That'd be nice...

quote:

10)Patrice Bernier, the dude is Eddie Murphy "RAW" La liga per favor E une mas Serveza Corona

I highly doubt this move.

All in all, this is just speculation based on what? The fact you haven't seen any of these guys play since when? Some in the NI game? Right, those were great conditions.

You know what, Canadian soccer isn't at that level. We need players to grow through clubs, like Edgar, Gyaki, etc, in order to make a name for themsleves, not just spitting out pipe dreams of sending players to leagues all over the world

quote:Originally posted by bc_soccer_fan

Actually the first Canadian-born player to play in the Serie A would be John Van't Schip.

What i meant is that it would be nice to have a Canadian Player at a national level player for in Serie A the first Im sure..

born 1963 center midfielder played 83 games and score 8 goals his national association is and was with holland played with Genoa 1992 - 95 but never represent Canada at least i dont think so at a international level.

hargraaves is also Canadian but is not representing CANADA so does that make him a CANADIAN aYE OR AN englishman which one...

Originally posted by Mr.Impact

Ciao Alberto!

One can argue that the First Canadian Born player to make a Seria Team would be Sandro Grande from Saint-Leonard, Quebec

I disagree with this statement he never played in a match game in serie A please let me know what team and where he played in a league game.....i show no records of minutes in serie A -- Sandro Grande not even registered with any teams...please explain or direct me to the archives...

But Mr Impact you are right Julian will be the next signing in 2005/2006 season and if not the following season for sure.

quote:Originally posted by Marc

Other Canadians have played in the Serie A before Van't Schip I believe, but I think they were onyl born here, and grey up in Italy. Though I could be wrong.

His nationallity is to holland not canadian yes he was born there but choose holland as his assocition, does that make still make him a canadian nope he gave it up........

quote:Originally posted by Marc

Other Canadians have played in the Serie A before Van't Schip I believe, but I think they were onyl born here, and grey up in Italy. Though I could be wrong.

Marc show me the names as i do not have any on file

Sandro Grande signed a multi-year contract with Serie A side Brescia in 2001 but never made the first team. He spent a few seasons on loan from Brescia to a couple of Serie C sides (can't remember which ones) before coming home and singing with the Impact. (Though I do vaguely recall him playing for Brescia in one or two pre-season matches.)

The difference with Julian Uccello is that Uccello is several years younger than Grande was when Grande signed with Brescia. If Uccello were signed by a Serie A club, he would be eligible to play with their youth team. In that environment, he'd get top notch coaching and regular opportunities to train on the pitch with Serie A players. In those respects, it would be much better than being loaned out like Grande was. Let's hope it pans out for the young man.

quote:Originally posted by MikeD

Sandro Grande signed a multi-year contract with Serie A side Brescia in 2001 but never made the first team. He spent a few seasons on loan from Brescia to a couple of Serie C sides (can't remember which ones) before coming home and singing with the Impact. (Though I do vaguely recall him playing for Brescia in one or two pre-season matches.)

The difference with Julian Uccello is that Uccello is several years younger than Grande was when Grande signed with Brescia. If Uccello were signed by a Serie A club, he would be eligible to play with their youth team. In that environment, he'd get top notch coaching and regular opportunities to train on the pitch with Serie A players. In those respects, it would be much better than being loaned out like Grande was. Let's hope it pans out for the young man.

In Italy there young players to be are on the first team no reserves other then primavera and thats not where you want to be....at the age of 20

many years younger 3 to be exact. Julian is signed with AC MILAN and has gone thru all that youth stuff he is owned by Milan today and He is getting the best Misters and trainers in Savona and obsuluty get his full time share of a first team with Savona. his progress is at a speed that many are seeing now and if he continues at this pace he will be on a first team in Seria A or b in my opinion!

don't want to be a party-pooper but is this the same Uccello who wasn't first-choice with the Canadian U-20's?

..something tells me Hume has a better shot playing in the english top flight then Uccello has playing in italy's top league...

hopefully they both make it!

Alberto,

I was wondering, what is Julian's potential ability and what is his current ability??

Is he a quick striker, does have good technique, set pieces, dribbler, etc? What parts of his game has been developing of late? As I have never seen him play, I can not comment.

And yes this is exciting!!

P.s. and who knows one day I will have to force myself to root for my arch rival AC Milan being a Inter fan!

Ciao!!

Alberto,

I was wondering, what is Julian's potential ability and what is his current ability??

Is he a quick striker, does have good technique, set pieces, dribbler, etc? What parts of his game has been developing of late? As I have never seen him play, I can not comment.

P.s. and who knows one day I will have to force myself to root for my arch rival AC Milan being a Inter fan!

Ciao!!

quote:Originally posted by massimo

Alberto,

Ciao!!

Massimo how can i express myself to you however these are my feelings and what I hear and see with my own eyes.......i am an old man who know little about futbol but has it in for Julian and i want him to succeed at the highest level he wants it to go and hope one day to see him one day again in a Milan atire.

His potential ability is to be a ADRIANO a Vieri a with a Gattuso type of roughness and style. Not a finess player with lot of style

like Kaka or plays the limit of offside with defenders like Insaghi. He is an opportuntist on defenders mistakes, he is free most of the time to recieve the ball in the critical area of the Penalty spot on his pure strength of power one on one. Has excellent vision of the net and his postioning and timing of the ball towards the net is to perfection can use both feet or head and will score most of the time on one touch or two maximum and from any where in this area.

Not a 3 touch player dibbling sucks and could be better here but strikers are not know to be good dibblers anyhow and thats why he would be out of position if used in the center midfield. He better off to stay on the bench if used there.

He has the potential to play the left or right striker in a 4 3 3 but his role is center in this set up, or striker in a 4 - 4- 2. Does not have the technics yet of a lone striker requires a different training program and preperation to get him there but possiblities are there with no question to become a player like shevy. However you look at it he is no doubt probably the best striker in Serie D infact i can tell you he is the best striker in all of Serie D at his age. To give you some comparisson out of 3200 players in Serie D and 170 teams currently in the league I would say this is impressive and an accomplishment on his part he has score over 50% of the goals for his team and is in the top 20 in scoring of the league. He has missed 3 games with hsi team to attend the Honduras team and virtully made a huge huge sacrifice to attend but is determined to keep Savona from going into relegation first and most at this point of his future. Canada had a chance to see him they negleted to give you and this forum and all of CANADA the opportunty in the first of the 2 games to show you want he could have done! You tell me where do you think he should go but up, weather C1 C2 B or A.

I hope the next time they Canada use Julian they use him on his merits of goal scoring ability in his role of a stiker as he plays here. And just maybe Canada may score more than 2 goals in a Game where goals talk and the weak watch......otherwise he should wait for the call up from the mens team when he is ready at 21 if that day comes.

quote:Originally posted by Bertuzzi44

don't want to be a party-pooper but is this the same Uccello who wasn't first-choice with the Canadian U-20's?

..something tells me Hume has a better shot playing in the english top flight then Uccello has playing in italy's top league...

hopefully they both make it!

Someimtes the first is not the right choice ask Hargraves!

Thanks for the analysis Alberto. I think from Alberto's description of Julian, we can possibly see why he is not seeing major minutes as yet. Dale seems to like forwards who relentlessly run down defenders a la Hume. Will Johnson seems to fill that role. Julian's best hope seems to be if Dale switches to a 4-4-2 with Julian as the target man and Will to play off him (although Alberto's description doesn't seem to match up to a holding role either). Or, to come on late if and when we need a goal to get on the end of one of Peters', DeJong's or Rosenlund's crosses.

Regardless of his role on the U20s, Julian remains one of our best prospects.

quote:Originally posted by Ivan

Thanks for the analysis Alberto. I think from Alberto's description of Julian, we can possibly see why he is not seeing major minutes as yet. Dale seems to like forwards who relentlessly run down defenders a la Hume. Will Johnson seems to fill that role. Julian's best hope seems to be if Dale switches to a 4-4-2 with Julian as the target man and Will to play off him (although Alberto's description doesn't seem to match up to a holding role either). Or, to come on late if and when we need a goal to get on the end of one of Peters', DeJong's or Rosenlund's crosses.

Regardless of his role on the U20s, Julian remains one of our best prospects.

Ivan Yes and No, Julians fitness is of Serie A or B Level not easy to get there, however you are right if the Mister does not use this formation of a 4-4 -2 or 4-3-3 then he better off to stay on the bench for Canada and use Johnson as sole gunner but unfortunalty when you have players like Gyaki Huges or Lombardo to play off Julian i could only see Johnson sitting watching, I have not found a player that could play that role effectively at his young age of 18, he has to mature to that level of talent and get plenty of playing expreience there, when i say effectively I am referring to scoring touch like a Julian and or his involment in a game and being a factor AL A Grande. Not just running down defenders as you say and doing nothing which is correct. Scouting reports from the honduras tour of all the games he played in this role Johnson positioning was primary ineffective and not worthy of playing that part with talents of a Uccello, Lombardo Hughes, Gyaki, Roselund, Schiavoni and Dejong and Peters. Who are you kidding? I personally think, the mister reconize this and is aware of this has to make changes or find some else in this role but not any of these players above in my opinion could do it to young......and THAT includes JULIAN as the next round as the level of competation changes dramatically and completly. Hughes and Uccello set up up front would be ideal to get the most goals possible in a game where every goal counts it may quailfy them to the next round on plus minus.

If you telling me the Mister has confidence and wants Julian only to put him late in the game to get canada a goal because he needs one is rediculess. He is not GOD.

But thanks for sharing that with me your analysis Ivan after all we are only tifosi.

You are welcome Alberto, but it is only my speculation, not analysis, having never seen any of these guys (other than Peters and Ledgerwood - when he was 17 on TV)play. You have had the privelage of seeing Uccello and others play live and watched the Honduras game(s)on TV.

My post is just trying to offer a hypothesis to Bertuzzi44's question based on your description of Julian's style.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by MikeD

I think someone reported that Grande was on the Brescia Intertoto team, I think he even got minutes in some game. That would be an official match in an official competition for a Serie A team. Sorry, I am not up to doing the research on a Brescia Intertoto run, anyone game?

quote:Originally posted by Massive Attack

I think Grande was only on the bench for an Intertoto game. I'll check when I have more time.

Massive attack--- Sandro Grande never had as far as I can remmeber any contact on a field for Brescia in fact i dont believe he even had a contract with them as his teams on file suggest that he could not have been there while playing for another team. His futbol record in Italy is as follows that I have:

1 2002-03 Calcio Potenza A.S. serie D played in 18 games no goals on record released from Potenza A.S In the 2003 year

2 2001-02 (1) Frosinone serie C2 played 7 games no goals on record pick up form Catanzaro on Jan 8th, 2002 as a transfer.

3 2001-02 (10) Catanzaro serie C2 played in 8 games 1 goal on record signed with Catanzaro in 2001

4 2000-01 Frosinone serie D played in 22 games no goals on record

(started here with at the age of 24,

The highest level of futbol he played on record is C2 not serie A but your records are better then mine and he could have never had a 3 year contract with brescia otherwise he could not have played with these teams from 2001 to 2003 and not be noted that he was on loan from brescia..

Please correct me as If i am mistaken -- hope this help you...

Archived