Fill in the Portugal roster as it comes in

Daniel

quote:Originally posted by An Observer

I am hoping Bircham gets called for Portugal. To me, he was one of the best players on the side against Wales when he came on in the second half. Dominated the midfield (which up to that point had been pitiful with Hutchinson and DeGuzman showing their youth), created space for himself and layed the ball off nicely. He is the type of player we could use against the Portuguese as he may throw them off their game. Lets face it, we are not going to beat them passing and will have to defend for long periods of the game. Somebody in the middle like Bircham can certainly help especially as he is not so one dimensional anymore and can pass and retain the ball.

You just brought back memories of Hutch in that game. One of the worst Nat performances I've ever seen.

Im hoping Tam Nsailwa will be called for this game, or any other defender#midfield with pace, and physical endurance. There is no doubt that Portugal represent on e of the better skilled teams in World Football. They will have a field day against a team that can't slow them down with their pace, and the opportune tackle, here and there. Attiba is a start, but I wouldn't mind seeing Hastings make a come back, Yes I know he'd burried in the depths of Scottish Football, however he has some Dog in him.

Devos in my mind would be a must for this game, just to give the young guys some confidence back there, if at least for a half. Bircham....why not would add some grit, and a "Robbie Savage type chalange" here and there woulk keep the stretcher guys busy.

Guys Id like to see left out;

1)Ante Jazic

2)Dan Imhoff

3)Mark Watson

you don't have to worry about watson being called. imhof and jazic look certainties - unless yallop goes with simpson/brennan on the left which is ideal, in which case jazic is a wasted man.

i'd also like to see bircham in the middle of a 4-5-1. hastings would be a waste in prep for 2010.

my ideal lineup:

gk-sutton

lb-simpson

cd-de vos

cd-nsaliwa

rb-stalteri

lm-brennan

dm-bircham

cm-de guzman

cm-serioux

rm-hume

st-radzinski

allow hume a free role to go left, right, middle, and up front at will. yes it would leave stalteri exposed but with 5 in the middle that should compensate for a portuguese side that will be all over the place, especially with ronaldo. so why not counter with our own roamer?

quote:Originally posted by Ed

Where did you see it Daniel? Is there a bit torrent for that game??

Sitting in Wrexham at the Racecourse Ground ;).

Edit: let's keep this thread on target. This isn't the place for speculation or wishes.

Archived