Voyageurs Scarf Vote - Part 2 (voting has ended)

DJT

<center>PLEASE READ THROUGH THIS ENTIRE POST, EVEN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY VOTED IN THE FIRST THREAD</center>

<center>THE "VOYAGEURS" SIDE OF THE SCARF</center>

We are not having a vote for the side of the scarf that says "Voyageurs". It will be as follows, with perhaps a few minor changes:

<center>voyageursside.jpg</center>

There is no vote on this because there was overwhelming support for this design, so it was decided that it should be used on at least one side of the scarf.

<center>THE "CANADA" SIDE OF THE SCARF</center>

This is what the vote is for. There are four design options — you vote for one. A few minor changes may be made to the winning design afterwards.

<center>

OPTION #1

option1.gif

OPTION #2

Design as follows, except remove the two Voyageurs logos (?):

option2.gif

OPTION #3

Design as follows, except remove the Voyageurs logo (?):

option3.gif

OPTION #4

option4.gif

</center>

<center>THE VOTE</center>

IF YOU DID NOT ALREADY VOTE IN THE FIRST THREAD:

Vote now by posting in this thread. Vote clearly at the beginning of your post by stating "Option 1", "Option 2", "Option 3" or "Option 4". You may vote only once, for one of the four options. However, you may follow your vote with additional comments/suggestions about the smaller details of the design you voted for, which the designers may take into consideration when fine-tuning the design.

IF YOU ALREADY VOTED IN THE FIRST THREAD:

These are the votes already cast in the first thread, now listed in alphabetical order. If your vote is listed correctly then you are done. If you want to change your vote then reply in this thread and indicate that you are changing your vote.

Alex - 1

Andrew W - 1

BC supporter - 1

Bertuzzi44 - 1

bettermirror - 2

brandon - 4

Breakwood - 1

BrennanFan - 1

bungey - 3

BusanBhoy - 2

Bxl Boy - 4

canadiankick97 - 1

canuck-fan - 1

Cheeta - 3

Chet - 1

Daniel - 2

DoyleG - 2

El Hombre - 1

EZmac - 4

fearnsey - 2

fza - 1

Grizzly - 2

gwallace76 - 1

hamiltonfan - 1

HamiltonSteelers- 2

hottoddy7 - 2

Ian Kennett - 1

Ivan - 1

JayWay - 2

Jeffrey S. - 4

jonovision - 2

Kicked - 2

Kurosawa - 3

Marc - 3

massimo - 1

Massive Attack - 3

mcaout - 4

MikeD - 1

mjoni - 2

Montreal_FC_fan - 1

nolando - 2

Polish_LYNX_Fan - 2

rdroze - 1

redhat - 1

Reza - 2

River City - 1

Rudi - 1

SeanKeay - 2

shaku_bert - 1

soccer dad - 1

Soju - 2

sstackho - 1

ted - 1

The Beaver - 2

The Ref - 1

theglove0 - 1

torontosupport - 2

trueviking - 2

Varsity Tyler - 1

Winnipeg Fury - 1

youllneverwalkalone - 2

VOTING DEADLINE:

I will lock the thread and count the votes at approximately midnight Pacific time at the end of the day on Friday, March 4, after which I will announce the results of the vote at the end of this thread.

FOLLOWING THE VOTE:

The two designers and Polish Lynx Fan will work out the final details of the design (ie. perhaps making some minor changes), production, financing, payment and distribution of the scarves.

still 2

but I must admit, I based that decision on the 'Football' instead of 'Saccur' which I think was mistaken on my part - I think the plan is (unfortunately) to change it to soccer. Some people seem to have some deep seeded issues towards the word football but what can one man do. Anyway, when the V's logos are droped won't there be an uncomfortable space left behind? Will any replacement be made?

quote:Originally posted by BusanBhoy

still 2

but I must admit, I based that decision on the 'Football' instead of 'Saccur' which I think was mistaken on my part - I think the plan is (unfortunately) to change it to soccer.

Actually, now that you mention it, I don't think we want either "Canadian Football Supporters" nor "Canadian Soccer Supporters" on that side. If the large text says "Canada" then having "Canadian Football/Soccer Supporters" below it doesn't really make sense, since that phrase is supposed to relate to "Voyageurs". So I've changed Option #2 to indicate that either "Maple Leaf Forever" or "Voyageurs" should replace the existing "Canadian Football Supporters".

Anyway, I think the smaller text can be finalized later. Right now what's most important is the general design.

quote:Anyway, when the V's logos are droped won't there be an uncomfortable space left behind? Will any replacement be made?
That'll be up to HamiltonSteelers to work out when he goes to make the necessary changes, if that design wins.

quote:Originally posted by BusanBhoy

still 2

but I must admit, I based that decision on the 'Football' instead of 'Saccur' which I think was mistaken on my part - I think the plan is (unfortunately) to change it to soccer. Some people seem to have some deep seeded issues towards the word football but what can one man do. Anyway, when the V's logos are droped won't there be an uncomfortable space left behind? Will any replacement be made?

It has nothing to do with deep seeded issues. We call the game 'soccer' in Canada. End of story.

quote:Originally posted by Jarrek

Am I missing something here? How come only my designs are up and none of Hamilton Steeler's?
Don't ask me. I just carried on from what beachesl started, and he had Option #1 and #4 credited to you and Option #2 and #3 credited to HamiltonSteelers. Unless I made a mistake in the reorganization? If I did, I can't see it.

Grrr, this is why I didn't want to get involved. [B)]

<center>ATTENTION ALL:

The designs in the first post have been updated to reflect the changes that were previously described in words. The biggest remaining question mark is whether to remove the Voyageurs logos from the Canada side (of course, there may be other minor changes made to the wording, etc.).

(Thanks to HamiltonSteelers for updating the designs, even though they are actually Jarrek's designs.)</center>

quote:Originally posted by Polish_LYNX_Fan

CHANGE to Option # 1 just because I want canada on ne side and V on teh otehr :)

You misunderstood. The scarf will definitely have "VOYAGEURS" on one side and "CANADA" on the other. The updated designs should make this clearer.

Guest HamiltonSteelers

Ahhh DJT, patience is a virtue. And I'm lost as well.

I wasn't going to say anything since I lost track of the voting, but I figured my ideas were outdone by Jarrek's stuff. I certainly wasn't gonna whine about it either ;)

But I'll still be thrilled to work on any final touches as needed.

Archived