CPSL: The End Is Near

leekoo

quote:Originally posted by Robert

Canadian soccer seems so reminiscent of Yugoslavia. Look how well Yugoslavia functioned under Tito, a man with an iron grip, who wasn't perfect (but then who is?) yet all the people of that country respected him. For those who knock Tito, take a look at what has happened to that country and its people since the end of Tito reign. Canada really needs a Tito.

That honestly has to be the stupidist thing I have ever read in my life.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by hamiltonfan

Ok...thank god

I was really pissed of for a bit. Cant wait till the CPSL season starts..with a full league of teams.

the 2005 USL PDL schedule has been released (Season kicks off April 23) ... when can we expect to see the 2005 CPSL schedule ...

quote:Originally posted by ramp

The 5 clubs were rejected because their local affiliation to their associations were not in place as of yet. The same applies to Laval, as they need to apply to their local association in their region of Quebec.

That's very funny : the Laval Dynamites president is the Laval Regional Association President...

What is needed is......

1. Abolition of the soccer bureaucrary. That means get rid of district associations, provincial associations, municipal associations.

2.All that time, money and energy should be placed to develop a true club structure from youth to senior. As it is in European countries.

3.merge the CPSL with the current National Championships to create a Brazilian style ''league'' that could possibly operate from August to October

4.in Ontario, turn the CPSL, OSL into:

OSL Premier Division East and West Conferences

OSL Division 1 with 4 geographical conferences

OSL Division 2 with 3 or 4 geographical conferences.

Just a thought.

Guest HamiltonSteelers

The Brazilian style setup is unique and I often forget about its structure. That one could be interesting, but outside of Ontario, Quebec and BC, I cannot see the other provinces pulling a decent league off (with strong attendances) to build the game at a greater pace.

Well, the top two leagues in Brazil are now national leagues with promotion and relegation.

Serie-C is where it gets weird. It also is not always the same at that level from year to year.

Most recently Serie-C is made up of relegated teams from Serie-B, teams that survived Serie-C (financially and avoided relegation), and those selected based on their performance in the various state championships.

There are also a number of professional teams (if you can call them that) that play at the state level. That is the more populated states like Sao Paulo state, Rio de Janeiro state, Rio Grande de Sul, Parana, and Minas Gerais. Where amateur ends and professional begins in Brazil probably depends on the week and whether team has money to pay its players. And how ambitious the club is.

I also have to chuckle a little bit. To mention Brazil and reducing bureaucracy together is contradictory. In fairness, they are trying to make improvements, but I don't think we should envy Brazilian bureaucracy. We have 10 provinces, Brazil has 26 states each with their own organization.

The other problem we would have in recreating such a structure is that our season is too short. State Championships begin in Mid January and go to end of April. After that, the Brasileiro goes to mid December.

Guys, I am so upset that the women's league (WCPSL) will probably not start this year as a result of regional politics. This whole BS has given the women's game a huge black-eye in the province of Ontario and Quebec. I was really hoping that the women's league will be given a chance to show itself on the field. I just hope that the league manages to get the women's league off the air as soon as possible.

quote:Originally posted by Luis_Rancagua

I was really hoping that the women's league will be given a chance to show itself on the field. I just hope that the league manages to get the women's league off the air as soon as possible.

if it's the best of women's soccer that you want, you have two options:

both leagues (amateur) have been operating for years with little support

1. the ontario women's soccer league (provincial division)

http://www.owsl.ca/owsli360portal/index.php

2. the toronto lady lynx (W-League)

http://www.ontariosoccerweb.com/ost/viewtopic.php?t=3486

Archived