Voyageurs Scarf Idea

Polish_LYNX_Fan

I also like the looks of the two coloured leaf. May I also suggest that, if we're going to incorporate a 'Gold Cup star', that it be placed above the two maple leafs. Of course this may require both leafs to be placed right-side up, something I'm willing to see done.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

----VOTE PROPOSAL_________________________

Well, how about this as a proposal for a vote? We know we want CANADA on one side and VOYAGEURS on the other. We also want the V logo on at least one side, and either that or a single large leaf or a big "V" on the other. It is pretty clear that the majority don't want a Gold Cup on either side, and the year thing is somewhat iffy as well. "Allez les Rouges" is a definite keeper, but "Maple Leaf Forever" is out (Canada Soccer Supporters" in small print seems preferred to that).

There are so many choices, I suggest that we pick two or three of the most popular of each type and vote for both one A and one B. Then we leave the ultimate choice to a committee of 2 or 3 to decide and work out the fine points ( I suggest, for instance, Jarrek, HamiltonSteelers and Polish Lynx Fan ). Trying to get a finished product by more than a small committee would be too much like the parable of the designers of elephants.

So, let's knock over my idea for a day or two more, and get Jarrek as he is a mod/admin and troubleshooter for the forum as well, to decide and put together the first posting ballot to be made the voting thread sticky by him. Then , each member can have one vote each both for the A and B side on the sitcky thread over the course of exactly one week.... I'll add then them up and we can give it over to the committee to come up with the finished product for preparation, production, ordering and distribution under their discretion. They can always come back for consensus on particualr issues, but we can carry the democratic thing too far. Basically, I would like to see the final design committee ready to hit the ground running with our agreement and support no later than March 12.

Comments?

It seems to me that the following choices might meet the consensus for something to vote on (sorry for the presentation, but I'm not a webwizard):

Side A CANADA:

HS's # 5 from first set:

voy_05.gif

Jarrek's 18b

design18.gif

Side B: VOYAGEURS:

HS's # 2 from his second set

scarf_designs2.gif

Jarrek's 18a

design18.gif

Jarrek's 3 from

scarf_designs.gif

quote:Originally posted by Polish_LYNX_Fan

ok then a both sided scarf it is :) just decide which one ypu wants choice a or b (they are both similar ) and next week we can vote on a design

quote:Originally posted by hamiltonfan

I think #2 for this batch should be one side http://www.canadian-soccer.com/post/scarf_designs2.gif

and something like that for the other but with CANADA writen on it to replace VOYAGEURS

quote:Originally posted by Jarrek

Here's another idea (my 18th and final - I think - design):

Voyageurs on one side, 1996 signifing our founding year with the Voyageurs logo on the front, our slogan, etc.

Canada on the other side, 1912 for the founding of the CSA, Canadian Maple leaf, Gold Cup references.

I'm wondering if we should use 1859 instead of 1912 ... In 1859 the first soccer game was played in Canada. (Or is it 1876 - http://www.canadasoccer.com/eng/history/index.asp?sub2=13)

design18.gif

Just for clarification, I believe that we have settled on a two-sided design with CANADA on one side and VOYAGEURS on the other, and the issue is solely as to the design for each side. I don't think we can really vote now until we establish the parameters of a vote, and then have the vote on a separate thread over a set period of time so the votes can be counted properly.

Jarrek, could you design an approriate "ballot" thread over the next few days?

Okay. Cool. Let's get going here.

From Beachesl's post above (for the Voyageur side) Jarrek's batch #3 the 2nd from bottom.

and for the Canada side I'd do a little retro adjustment to HS batch #2 (third from the top). Change the black "Voyageur-Voyageur" to Canada-Canada and the bordering white Canadas to white Voyageurs (or whatever). Think that would be pretty sharp.

Yeah. Let's let the Designers and the Idea Guy come back to the collective with a final choice or two and put it to a vote.

Gold Cups fast approaching. Let's finish this baby.

quote:Originally posted by beachesl

Jarrek, could you design an approriate "ballot" thread over the next few days?

Based on when I last spoke to Jarrek about this, I don't think he's interested in organizing the vote. I am not interested, either.

I think no one wants to organize the vote because there's so much going on here (too many designs, basically) that it has all become confusing. That does not mean that the admins/mods should take over, as some people are asking. We can help by making threads sticky and stuff like that, but we are not responsible for organizing votes on non-forum issues.

But beachesl, it seems to me that you have done well in starting to get a vote organized. I say go ahead and finish the job. :D

Allow me to make a motion. :D

I move approval of 18a with the amendment of removing the "Maple Leaf Forever" and "2000 Gold Cup Champions" small print and replacing it with the same "Allez Les Rouges" and "Canadian Soccer Supporters" as on the first side.

Would this be considered a start towards finalizing a design?

Any input or disagreements welcome. ;)

Cheers

Good suggestions, Andrew and BC Supporter. I like it.

I also quite like the 3rd from the bottom in beachesl's big post above, but I think we could run into readability problems on the fine white print part.

Anyway, looking through the thread, a lot of people seem to like #18a. You'll never please everybody, but I think you'll please the majority with that design along with Andrew's recommended alterations.

quote:Originally posted by Andrew W

Allow me to make a motion. :D

I move approval of 18a with the amendment of removing the "Maple Leaf Forever" and "2000 Gold Cup Champions" small print and replacing it with the same "Allez Les Rouges" and "Canadian Soccer Supporters" as on the first side.

Would this be considered a start towards finalizing a design?

Any input or disagreements welcome. ;)

Cheers

I would second this motion. Or third it. Or whatever. It's good.

Why not let each designer make the adjustments suggested by the majority to their most popular designs, do away with the least popular, re post them and then vote. We have to trust the designers some.Give them artistic licence.They are doing a great job so far.

"I can't tell you the formula for success but I can tell you the formula for failure.Try to please everybody." Unknown

I also think that everyone should order a few more scarves than they think they need.While wearing them you are bound to have someone ask "Hey where did you get that?Can I get one?" Distrubution of the scarves could grow our numbers.

When the whole scarf thing is done we could start on shirts and jackets.It would be alot better than paying the bucks to ROOTs for CANADA apparel

SECOND PROPOSAL</u>

So....

VOYAGEURS Side

- we seem to have nearly full consensus on the following:

Andrew:"I move approval of 18a with the amendment of removing the "Maple Leaf Forever" and "2000 Gold Cup Champions" small print and replacing it with the same "Allez Les Rouges" and "Canadian Soccer Supporters" as on the first side." along with removal of the years. However, the wording on 18a, the "Voyageurs" side, already has that.

If this is the case, this leaves a vote on the...

CANADA side:

--------------------------------------------------------------

Option #1:....... Jarrek's 18b, except the "2000 Gold Cup Champions" replaced with "Allez les Rouges" at bottom, with "Maple Leaf Forever" remaining at top. The years would be removed.

18a

design18.gif

18b

----------------------------------------------------------------

Option #2:....... a variation of HamiltonSteelers' #2 in the second set only reading "CANADA" instead (the one with "voyageurs" in black sightly outlined in red, with the Voyageur's logo removed, as it will be on the other side)

the second in...

scarf_designs2.gif

----------------------------------------------------------------

Option #3 ......the third in HS's design set of five above.

only reading 2 large "CANADA"'s instead(with the 4 little "Canada"'s replaced in turn with something else)

---------------------------------------------------------------

Option #4.......Jarrek's #3 from his set of five, only reading "CANADA" instead(with the logos replaced with large red maple leafs, and the small "Can. Soc. Sup's" at the bottom replaced

with a small "voyageurs" to contrast)

the third from...

scarf_designs.gif

Tomorrow, if I have a consensus over the next 12 hours, I will post a sticky ballot thread and leave the vote open until Wednesday. I would like to isolate the four designs for the ballot (or even better, get the designers to send me the separated designs with the changes made), but if that can't be done in time, I'll just leave the ballot as it is between the red lines above for the vote.

Then, the vote having been taken oand counted on Thursday, we can leave the two designers and Polish Lynx Fan to work out the final details of design, production, financing, payment and distribution.

Agreed?[?]

Archived