Voyageurs Scarf Idea

Polish_LYNX_Fan

man...you guys are both really skilled...what do you do for a living?

i agree that number 2 of the last post is great...i would rather it said "maple leaf forever" however, instead of "canadian football supporter" ....that isnt as romantic and it sounds like we are CFL fans.....i also would like a hybrid 1 and 5 from hamiltonsteeler's.

this is exciting.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest HamiltonSteelers

Second batch, steaming hot.

voy_06.gif

voy_07.gif

voy_08.gif

voy_09.gif

voy_10.gif

voy_11.gif

Some of them are modifications based on suggestions, some are updates, some are hybrids... you get the idea.

So, can I get the contact for this scarf maker? There seems to be a bit of scarf fever with the BHTC as of right now, and since 30 is a very doable number, I might see what I can get done.

Here's another idea (my 18th and final - I think - design):

Voyageurs on one side, 1996 signifing our founding year with the Voyageurs logo on the front, our slogan, etc.

Canada on the other side, 1912 for the founding of the CSA, Canadian Maple leaf, Gold Cup references.

I'm wondering if we should use 1859 instead of 1912 ... In 1859 the first soccer game was played in Canada. (Or is it 1876 - http://www.canadasoccer.com/eng/history/index.asp?sub2=13)

design18.gif

Okay, IMHO, Jarrek's two designs (his 18th!) work well. I like that they've been simplified, and I appreciate changing "football" to "soccer". Personally, I could live without inclusion of any dates, but I leave that to others. Also, I gotta say "Maple Leaf Forever" does zip for me; I like "Allez les rouges" though, and frankly, wouldn't mind it on both sides. Otherwise, I really like how Jarrek's differentiated the two sides.

quote:Just curious, do we know if we are actually able to have such detailed designs on a scarf? Any soccer scarf that I own has a much more limited number of "pixels".

Realistically the only thing that you won't be able to make out is the text on the logo.

But it would be good if we knew what type of resolution we're dealing with? Polish Lynx Fan?

quote:Originally posted by BC supporter

Okay, IMHO, Jarrek's two designs (his 18th!) work well. I like that they've been simplified, and I appreciate changing "football" to "soccer". Personally, I could live without inclusion of any dates, but I leave that to others. Also, I gotta say "Maple Leaf Forever" does zip for me; I like "Allez les rouges" though, and frankly, wouldn't mind it on both sides. Otherwise, I really like how Jarrek's differentiated the two sides.

I agree, mostly. I wish we could clear up this whole football/soccer mess, but it wouldn't make much sense to contradict the Voyageur logo -even if we can't see it. I'm a bit concerned the contrasting sides might look a bit weird wrapped around your neck -a little too busy. I'd like to vote #18, side "a," if that's an option.

Archived