Voyageurs Scarf Idea

Polish_LYNX_Fan

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest HamiltonSteelers

I'll have more updated styles in the next day or two. I come up with these damn ideas at work and I left the raw file there... but I'll be making some of the suggestions you guys have had into reworked scarves.

one of the things scarves are useful for is to use for banners, especially in front of the cameras. Thus I would suggest making Canada on one side (and Voyageurs on other if two-sided) big and contrasted to show off from the distance...for instance, number 5 without the white horizontal bar going down the middle that prevents the white "Canada" from standing out,

Great efforts tho, wonderful designs![8D]

All these designs look great. I like the fourth one down on this page. One suggestion is to darken the soccer ball's pattern to make it obvious that the scarf's not CFL. Someone mentioned adding the gold cup but I think that'd invite a lot of stick from rival supporters. Not to undervalue that achievement but this is 2005.

Top quality two-sided knit 100% acrylic scarf, approximate size 7”x53” (plus fringes). Up to 6 colors (some restrictions apply) can be used in a scarf and up to 3 colors in the fringes. However, the scarves look best if 3 colors are used. The two sides of the scarf can be identical or feature different designs. Minimum order: 30 scarves (although smaller quantities can also be considered on an individual basis).

or

Highest quality knit 100% acrylic scarf with simple stripes and embroideries on ends, approximate size 7”x53” (plus fringes). Up to 3 stripe colors and either one or two embroideries on one or both ends. Minimum order: 30 scarves.

or if we can get 250 requests

One-sided woven 100% acrylic scarf, approximate size 9”x50” (plus fringes). The other side of the scarf will be the negative of the primary side. Up to 4 colors can be used and fringes will be the extending threads in these colors. Minimum order: 250 scarves.

quote:or if we can get 250 requests

One-sided woven 100% acrylic scarf, approximate size 9”x50” (plus fringes). The other side of the scarf will be the negative of the primary side. Up to 4 colors can be used and fringes will be the extending threads in these colors. Minimum order: 250 scarves.

These are one sided. Why would we want to get those?

quote:
The other side of the scarf will be the negative of the primary side.
quote:

they are both sided but its gonan be the same as the front except its gona be negative. i.e. Take a look @ any scarf and you notice ppl holding it up upside down and such. But yeah i want a double sided scarf. SO that one is out I guess. But its all up 2 u guys

quote:they are both sided but its gonan be the same as the front except its gona be negative. i.e. Take a look @ any scarf and you notice ppl holding it up upside down and such.

The negative side is virtually useless. I have an AEK Athens scarf with a negative side, the only reason they make those is to save money, cause they're cheaper to make.

My opinions:

- scarves must be fairly symmetrical, definitely with the same logo on each end. I say stick with the Voyageurs logo like Jarrek has done

- very nice work on HamiltonSteeler's designs, but I don't like anything with "V's"

- very nice work from Jarrek, but use of the word "football" reeks of snobbery. Stick to soccer.

I think my favourites are #2/#5 from Jarrek - which are the exact same, except for colour. I like the black of #5 when I look at it on the screen with all the other scarves, but somewhat less so when I look at it on its own (not enough red). But #2 on its own lacks the black which gives good emphasis. Jarrek, if it's easy to do, could you make one up with "The Voyageurs" in black, just so I can take a look at it?

Anyway, I'd buy one!

I like hamilton steeler's #1 but have the diamond pattern and slogans above and below like #2. The flip side should be the same, just replace "Voyageurs" with "Canada."

Regardless of the style, I'd be interested in getting a scarf so include me in the final count.

Thanks and great work Hamilton Steelers and Jarrek!

Archived