Guest HamiltonSteelers

God, I hope these image tags work.

Here's the first five ideas:

voy_01.gif

voy_02.gif

voy_03.gif

voy_04.gif

voy_05.gif

This is just a START, not a finished product. These are merely ideas that I had for scarves. All parts, fonts, design aspects are interchangeable. I am assuming that these are for jaquard scarves, and thus kept them to a four colour maximum. If they are to be printed ones, then I can redo some of the ideas and take advantage of the printing press' capabilities. I was going to put a gold cup on one of the ideas. It's dated, but it's the only major trophy we've won, and I'd be thrilled to remind the world that, yes, Canada won something once.

Fire off the suggestions as you see fit.

I really like the idea of including the Gold Cup in the design. It is dated, yes. But I think trophies really look good on scarves and really give them a touch of class - or in this case, however much class the Gold Cup provides us. ;)

Good work, HamiltonSteelers.

I like a combination of the first two. I really like the diamonds. I like the Maple Leaf Forever and Allez Les Rouges together and I think it should be Voyageurs on one side and Canada on the other. I like the font of the first and I think the black outline with the white on red looks good. I think they're all pretty solid, except I'm not sure if I like the V's. There's a lot of people who don't know who we are, never mind abbreviating it. So I like the Voyageurs logo better.

I wouldn't mind a gold cup somewhere, but I don't really know where.

Just my two bits. Good work all around. Where's Strobe_z? I figured he'd be all over this. :)

cheers,

matthew

#1 & #2 for front/back pretty much as they stand.

Nice gold tassels at the ends. Now that would rock. What can I say? I've got slavic blood. The gaudier the better!

The diamond pattern says "Old time hockey, Eddie Shore." to me. And I think that's perfect for a Canada scarf for any sport.

As to the V's, I thought the scarfs were for the Voyageurs so I like it. The big ass Voyageurs nit across the one side might give it away to those outside the know.

Nice work. Can't wait.

keep making the scarves unless we are all set for # 1 for the front and #2 for the back. Then we need a rough # of ppl that want them (the more the better I guess) since the price will decrease somewhat if we get more. I will have my guy quote me as soon as we are set on which one we wanna make and as soon as I hear something I will let u know. Now all we need is lotta home game to show this stuff off :)

quote:Originally posted by matthew

Just my two bits. Good work all around. Where's Strobe_z? I figured he'd be all over this. :)

I don't read through the Off-topic forum that often, so I'm coming to the party a bit late here. Seems like HamiltonSteelers has some good ideas already, so I don't want to try and rain on the parade either~[:o)]

The diamond pattern in #2 is fabulous. I'm not a big fan of the "V's" stuff, partly because I'm not sure whether non-Voyageurs would get it ("who are you guys against?").

But whatever the final choice, put me down for two scarves. One to wear and one to wave in the face of the Mexican/Costa Rican/Belizean/etc. fans.

Glad to see you guys making this work! Great job!

M@

Archived