I think Canadians are proud of their soccer teams.

algorithim

I didnt think that Canadians in general were passionate about soccer but you lot have made me think otherwise. I cant help thinking though maybe your not as laid back about it in some aspects as the Irish and Welsh seem to be. Dont get me wrong, but I think sometimes you can be a little too serious about it! I dont see many humorous posts on the board.

Anyways just an observation, I dont want to offend anyone!

Denis

Guest HamiltonSteelers

algorithm,

In Hamilton, (pop. just shy of 500,000) we have a semi-pro side called the Hamilton Thunder and they draw between 100-500 people per game. We sing at the games, cause the usual entertainment towards opposition... trying to get our slice of the world game and making it our own. I'll always have the resepct for BHTC_Mike for being the first to sing at games because that is something I want to be a part of... and Hamilton is a decent side too ;)

For the love of the game, at any level. I just want people to find that same passion and let go of their misconceptions and enjoy the game. But you already know that.

• 2 weeks later...

I think "the" Blades are the most exciting club in the championship and I hope they get promoted. "Blades" is a perfect example of what's great about Canadian soccer. People who do follow the game here are not only passionate about it but also have insightful commetary. I think that's why there are so many international visitors here. Look at an English message board, every post looks like it was written by a blind, fingerless, retarded 6 year old.

(not that there's anything wrong with it, blades ;))

quote:Originally posted by Blades

wow 100 to 500 a game at sheffiels united we have on average 28,000 a match and where only a first division club i fink u shud all stick to ice hocky lol united for promotion

I think you should stick to school to correct your spelling[V]. But i

forgot this is Sheffield were talking about.

quote:Originally posted by Blades

wow 100 to 500 a game at sheffiels united we have on average 28,000 a match and where only a first division club i fink u shud all stick to ice hocky lol united for promotion

You know such passionate footballing nations like Portugal, Greece and many others have top division sides that fail to draw even 1000 fans to their games....... The attendance figures and support in England are not the rule, they are the exception.

P.S. work on your grammar a little

Archived